SmartToolkit updates

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by bootheresa, Oct 1, 2007.

1. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

@jrussell789, why not just use RC08 (with the minor tweaks suggested here at EQ) and preserve the ability to use STK's other features? I for one use STK's cut and paste clipboard frequently, as well as the various gadgets on the gadget bar. Sure, it makes a nice Start menu, but it can do a whole lot more.
  2. I feel like the Godfather...everytime I try to get rid of this program and want to by right menu, you suck me back in....but I still like vito copy and paste.
  3. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

RC08 works 100% for me. that would be like have a porche and never drivin it
  4. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Anybody else notice the e-natives site is acting "funny"?

-edit- I've been going back and forth on this 'cause I really like the start menu.
    Right now I'm back to RC08 with the deskbar and nothing else. I like the task button too.

Anybody know where to get skins, I'd like the Vista start icon in the default skin, with the site down. I've done some quick searching and found nothing but dead links. but I'm probably getting too far ahead of myself until it proves stable.
  5. robotphood

robotphood New Member

I'm using RC08 and it works pretty much perfect for me. I basically use it as a start menu for app launching, file browsing and the task menu (frequently). I have a couple questions though.

1) So does "My Schedules" not work at all or only in RC09? BTW, I rarely ever lock my phone. I've tested it and it works but I have one schedule that just doesn't seem to set off the alarm in the morning (3 mornings in a row).

2) Is the clipboard function any better than the built in copy/paste in WM6.1? I can't seem to get the clipboard to work. I bring it up but I don't know how to select/copy/paste anything.
  6. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

It's better than 6.1 because you can use it in more programs and not just in PIE or Outlook. I have assigned the Clipboard hotkey to the Fn key with a >500ms delay. When you bring up the menu, then first button is to enter into text selection mode. Once you press that, you can highlight text with your D-pad. After you've selected the text, hit the right softkey for Options, which takes you back to the initial set of buttons. Button 1 is Copy, Button 2 is Cut, and Button 3 is paste. So you can copy or cut at this point. Then, when you want to paste, just bring up the Clipbaord again and choose button 3 to paste. FYI, the last button on the Clipboard menu has Select All, Clear All, Undo, and Redo if you need them. I don't use buttons 4 or 5 on the menu.
  7. robotphood

robotphood New Member

Ah, you're right. It does work in more places. Very useful for the couple apps I have that don't have built in copy/paste. Thanks!
  8. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

No problem.
  9. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

So I went to e-natives site last night to check to see if the final version of RC09 is even close to done. A google search revealed that e-natives website is CLOSED! Is this project abandoned? Great... such a waste. :frown: Now we really have to deal with the workarounds...
  10. coppertop24

coppertop24 New Member

11. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

It started working a couple days after I posted. The page is bookmarked on my browser. Guess they were just having problems.
  12. JMak

JMak New Member

Just dl'd and installed RC08. No lock-ups, though things seemtorun slowly. I have it working with sliding panels and miniweather. Couple questions:

Can I change the color of the bottom bar? I have a carbon fibre-like background and the green color doesn't work.

When I press the button for Start the menu pops up but the left side is filled the activesync icons and four folder icons with question-marks next to them. What should be in there and can I customize it?

I have a Phone Tools panel that I created in CHome Config. The first page is for Setting and the center button is mapped to open Settings. When STK is running I can no longer get to Settings. Why? All other panels work, i.e., press the center button and it launches the application, updates weather, etc.

I tried to add a separator per DrQ's instruction and failed. I now have 4 additional Popup Launcher line in Gadgets because there's no option to delete them. How do I add the separator? The only way I can get to the separator is to select Popup Launcher. And how do I delete those new Popup Launcher lines?

Thanks in advance. And apologies for the several questions.
  13. Yoda

Yoda New Member

Go to the popup launcher and press the center button then configuration and the options button will let change whatever you want
  14. JMak

JMak New Member

Thanks, Yoda.

Anyone know how to change the color of the bottom bar?
  15. Yoda

Yoda New Member

That im not sure of.. I just downloaded his last night and havent had much time to read up on it. Im tryin to figure out how to make skins but i would like to be able to change the bar color also. Im sure someone around here would probably know.

Does anone know what the Processes are for under the task bar or what Processes you can close without any problems?
  16. spork27

spork27 Member

You can download different skins for STK from their website. If you're using the default skin then the color is tied to the colors in the XML for your Homescreen.
  17. Jerbos13

Jerbos13 New Member

with RC08, I figured out how to customize the first part of the start menu, but when I press the right button I cant figure out how to get to select programs to pin what I want to the second part... I wanna change this "My Notes" one to "My Contacts" ...

[​IMG]
  18. robotphood

robotphood New Member

Is that possible? I thought you could only pin to the quick launch (above all programs).
  19. Jerbos13

Jerbos13 New Member

yea I'm not sure its even possible, I'm real new to all this is why I was asking...
  20. robotphood

robotphood New Member

Ah okay. I'd love to be able to customize the secondary menu as well. The only entries I use are My Device and Storage Card. Actually, Schedules is very flaky and Notes doesn't even work. I wonder why they are even in there...