SmartToolkit updates

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by bootheresa, Oct 1, 2007.

1. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

2. winotree

winotree New Member

Tried your latest link: and got the warning "Page Could Not Be Found" but all was not lost because by way of AltaVista Search I found

http://oldsap.blogspot.com/
    which led me to
    http://cid-d52d6e7f9016fc0d.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/SmartToolKit10-4-07.zip

I downloaded the ZIP file directly to my Q, used Resco Explorer 2007 to unzip the 201.6k file and TA-DA!! I now have a version of Smart Tool Kit...nice, clean and everything I've been hearing it to be. Just wanted to share an alternate path...hope this helps someone.

NOTE: Checked configuration of link three times...it appears "to be spelled correctly".
  3. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

Did you try just clicking on the link. I just tried it and it went straight to the new website, maybe it was down momentarily. Boo
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

web site works for me also..
  5. winotree

winotree New Member

Yeah...but I feel like a dummy for NOT inserting www.
    in the link. Got so used to typing like that--like not using 1 when prefacing an area code in phonecalls because the Q does it for me.

Maybe a MOD will fix itso some one can use this link.
    Long day...getting tired...glad I don't have to drive any more!!
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

where did you forget the www ? you know you can edit your own posts right ?
  7. winotree

winotree New Member

On the Q? Gonna try...
  8. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

New update looks good! I had given up on this program because it kept locking up... but no lock-ups now! :2cool:
  9. eddyhig

eddyhig New Member

I am running the latest version now and he has got it going on now. I have tried to run all the versions and they would lock up but this one is running smooth. makes it nice to move around and kill applications. This is a program my customers would like to use because it makes it easy to use the device.

Now that I said all that...

What does the hibernate do? I ASSUME that it clears up ram if so how does it do it? does it take what is in ram and write it some where else?
  10. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

I think a lot of people are afraid to try it because of all the freezing in past versions. It is really working great now and getting better with each release. As far as hibernation goes I would post that on SmartToolkit website, I don't know the answer.BOO
  11. xghostx

xghostx New Member

I am afraid to use it because i dont know how. there is no install info or how to run this app. its on my phone but im not sure how to use it other then just playing around with it. is there a how to with the setting anywhere.
  12. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Responded to your PM over at SBSH. You need to run the exe file on your device. Copy all the files in one location, otherwise you can't use them. The folders are just additional settings/features, you can also run the exe without them. If you want STK to run on startup, place a shortcut to \Windows\StartUp\.
  13. daisyd681

daisyd681 New Member

Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

I finally got activesync working (don't ask) so I drag-n-dropped stk 5 into my device. I first put it in the starup menu, where it promptly dissapeared. I then put a shortcut I had made in the same place. When I tried to open the shortcut the q said it could not find the assocciated program. Realizing something was amiss, I deleted the shortcut, redrag-n-drop and synced. I left the new copy in my documents and put a shortcut to start up and rebooted the q. It worked fine for a couple of seconds until I opened the task manager, looked through it, then closed it. The the whole thing froze up. Do I still have the first one on my q somewhere? Where did it go? Or is the problem something else entirely? TIA

Meira
  14. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

I don't think it disappeared when I put it in startup menu it ended up in my system tools file. Look there it is probably there with memory manager/task manager/master reset. Hope this helps, BOO
  15. daisyd681

daisyd681 New Member

Where is memory manager?

Nevermind, it's not in there. I took it off, the one I could find, it kept freezing up.
  16. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

Start>system tools.
  17. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Stop whining, report it to the dev :tounge: Otherwise there's no chance to see a working version :wink:

Go to STK forums to report bugs: http://www.smarttoolkit.mobi/
  18. xghostx

xghostx New Member

any way to skin the new release prosper? im looking for no text or time. just the orb.
  19. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Guess no. This was just a small update with some bug fixes and improvements. Allowing complete skinning might be a bit more work.
  20. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

I just got this, but I don't see how to access my contacts thru it...You guys know what I need to do or get..plugin maybe??