SmartToolkit updates

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by bootheresa, Oct 1, 2007.

1. cwintermeyer

cwintermeyer New Member

When my phone locks, it's usually WM6 security that is locking the phone after 15 minutes of inactivity. (As I mentioned, disabling this feature isn't an option for me.) If I'm going to manually lock the phone, I agree that leaving apps open isn't necessary. I close or kill apps that I'm not using since I don't want to drain the battery.

I often using Google Maps or Microsoft Live client (or occasionally Microsoft Live via web browser) for driving directions. I spend a lot of time traveling to client sites, and I leave the app open until I arrive at my destination. The phone locks automatically after 15 minutes, but all I need to do is unlock the phone and switch back to the map I already have open. If I killed the map app when I know I'm not going to use the phone for 15 minutes or more, I'd have to restart the map app and get back to the directions I was using. That's not just practical for me.

Once more of the bugs are worked out in a future release, I may try STK again. For now, I'm done beta testing. :)

- Chris
  2. reformatted my phone when I updated the 9m's firmware.
    version 9 is still painfully slow. going back to 8 i think. right now am used to not using it.
  3. The_Director

The_Director New Member

Great APP in RC08, but RC09 ???

Just found this little gem, tried the RC09 version (with the various certificates, etc.) and on my Q1 had the same lock-ups as everyone else. Deinstalled and went with RC08, and I love it! Just a tad slow (so I can imagine that RC09 with Global Skinning, if ever bug-free, will be slow), but otherwise really adds an all new level of functionality to the Q. I really hope the developer continues - this would be worth a modest cost if fully developed.
  4. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Couldn't agree with you more. STK has been one of the essential apps on my Q, and I couldn't imagine using my Q without it. If you have not done so yet, there are a few tweaks that a few of us here have recommended (check a few pages back in this thread) to avoid lockups with RC08 (like deleting the taskbar hotkey and using a Separator in the firs slot of the Popup Launcher (if you use that gadget)).
  5. I went back to it.....missed it after 24 hrs.
  6. TCKelsey05

TCKelsey05 New Member

how exactly do u delete the task bar hot key and make a separater?
  7. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Taskbar Hotkey - With STK running, go to Start-->Control Panel-->Settings-->Hotkeys and delete the Taskbar Hotkey

Separator - Go to Start-->Control Panel-->Settings-->Gadgets-->Popup Launcher-->Configuration-->Options and put a Separator in the first slot of the launcher.
  8. TCKelsey05

TCKelsey05 New Member

thankyou very much
  9. TCKelsey05

TCKelsey05 New Member

ok I did exactly what you said to do but nothing has changed.. the hotkey is still there and there is no separater?
  10. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Hotkey - While in the Hotkey Configuration Menu, did you select the hotkey with your d-pad, click on it, and select delete? After that, the hotkey should disappear. Are you saying that it never disappeared, or that it was there again when you returned to that screen.

Popup Launcher - were you able to create the separator at all? you might have to move it up to the first slot if it created in the last slot. In the menu, there's an option to move items in the launcher Up or Down.
  11. TCKelsey05

TCKelsey05 New Member

yes for the hotkey I manually deleted it and it disappeared but when I go back to the homescreen its still there. and yes for the seperator I created it and moved it to the first line but it seems nothing has changed..
  12. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

The separator won't have any real visible change. It's just that when a program was launched from the first slot in the popup launcher, some ppl experienced lockups. Having the separator there just keeps a program from occupying that slot.

As for the taskbar hotkey, deleting it won't change anything on the homescreen (if I read your post correctly). The taskbar hotkey is used if you are in another application and you wanted to bring up the STK task bar (the bar on the homescreen with Start and Tasks). I've found that accessing the taskbar in this manner caused occasional lockups. It also required one to press the homekey twice to return to the homescreen, which caused occasional lockups as well.
  13. The_Director

The_Director New Member

Hey RainmakkerRC, thanks for the tip. I was not getting lock-ups (RC08), but I was having to double-tap the Home key. Thought that was just the way STK worked.
  14. errrik89

errrik89 New Member

15. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

16. Q,
    Can you explain this a bit further for me?
    I am having trouble with it and I think I deleted the first popup launcher and not the second one that was created when I tried adding a separator.
  17. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

I use essentially the same setup as DrQ. What trouble exactly are you having with the popup launcher?
  18. adding the separator. Not exactly sure what it does. The trick for avoiding hitting home twice is great.
  19. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

The only reason for having the Separator in the first slot of the popup launcher is because when a program is in that slot, when you launch it, sometimes STK locks up. You never end up using the Separator or anything - having there just avoids lock up issues.