SmartToolkit updates

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by bootheresa, Oct 1, 2007.

1. DrQ

DrQ New Member

Me too I think the task portion is the greatest for either switching or killing apps.

Have you had a luck with the cut and paste and the clipboard? How do you call it up and how well is it working for you? I haven't played with it.
  2. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

It's worked out very well for me, though I did change the hotkey. I use the Fn key with a delay > 500 ms. So, I just have to hold down the Fn key for a couple of seconds, and it brings up the cut and paste menu.
  3. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

Agrees...

Thanks!
  4. ajskhan

ajskhan New Member

I deleted all my hotkeys, after a reboot they come back. How do I stop them from returning.
  5. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

That's odd - maybe a bug in the program. I can't say that the hotkey I have deleted (the taskbar hotkey) has come back after a reboot.
  6. coreyoli

coreyoli New Member

I REALLY like this app, but it freezes a lot, to the point I can't use it :(...

The task switcher is awesome.. This is what Windows Mobile should be like!
  7. spork27

spork27 Member

Which version are you running and what's your phone?
  8. coreyoli

coreyoli New Member

I downloaded the newest from their website earlier this morning.. I have a Verizon Q9m
  9. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

You should download and install RC08. The most current version (RC09) has caused lockups for alot of ppl.
  10. coreyoli

coreyoli New Member

ya know.. I read that somewhere, I'll go grab RC08, and see if I have any better luck...
  11. melblank

melblank New Member

Thanks for this. I'm new to the smartphone and found this site recently so I read and learn everyday. Based on the rave reviews I see here, I installed SmartToolkit the other day and it was freezing all the time. I just downloaded RC08 and no more freezing! Fantastic!
  12. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

You're welcome. STK is really a great program, especially when you get everything set up the way you want. Makes it very easy to get to your essential stuff and manage your Q.
  13. spork27

spork27 Member

Well, I think Rain covered everything I was going to say. Hopefully moving to RC08 will fix most of your problems.
  14. coreyoli

coreyoli New Member

RC08 seems to be very stable... I haven't had any lockups, I'm starting to get it the way I like it, so far so good :)
  15. grandpareza

grandpareza New Member

as far as 09 goes for the 9h its pretty stable with one exception.

When you hit the green button (call history) and hit the back button then hitting the task button, the phone will lock up. You have to constantly use the red button to minimize or close out of programs otherwise the software will lock up.

It might be a good idea to start a thread and pitch in every now and then when the phone locks up due to the STK. That way others can avoid the same thing.
  16. bloxgt1

bloxgt1 New Member

hi everyone, I'm new here and I have a problem with the stk rc08. I installed the program and the phone kept locking up, so i decided to uninstall the program. It uninstalled successfully but now when I hit the start key it says that the smarttoolkit.exe cannot be found and I cannot access any of my programs through the start key. I have tried pulling the battery and shutting it off but it doesn't seem to work. I have also tried searching for a solution but I cannot seem to find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
  17. crupp

crupp New Member

I have tried both RC8 and RC9 on my Q9h and 8 (for me) is by far more stable. With 9 I had 4 battery pulls in half a day, with 8 none, knocks on desk!
  18. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Was STK running when you uninstalled? You might have to reinstall, run the program, kill the program, and then uninstall.
  19. bloxgt1

bloxgt1 New Member

Thanks for the help guys, but I just ended up doing a master reset because I got sick of not being able to access anything.
  20. TCKelsey05

TCKelsey05 New Member

I downloaded RC08 (im pretty sure) yesterday and it worked great for about 12 hours and now my phone is freezing up and the start keys keep getting messed up after i get a call... i really liked it while it worked =(