SmartToolkit updates

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by bootheresa, Oct 1, 2007.

1. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

SmartToolkit updates

SmartToolkit has come a long way the newest version is fantastic! It has a screensaver built into the auto-lock program that brings up digital, analog clocks, blank screen or whatever you want to add to it. I placed all the files on my staorage card and have not had any problems with it yet. The only problem with putting it on storage card is you have to start it from there. Check it out you won't be sorry. You can download it from (after registering of course) HERE: http://www.pxdxa.com/read.php?tid=50355&fpage=0&toread=&page=6 The newest version is RC4C. It can also be downloaded from HERE: http://www.modaco.com/SmartToolkit-100RC4C-Up-t259736.html& EDIT: The new website is up and running. I posted this on the 2nd page of this thread but thought I would also put it here to save the time of searching the previous websites I listed in this post. The new site can be found HERE: http://www.e-natives.com/
  2. eddyhig

eddyhig New Member

I had lock up up problems before with this, so I wanted to give it another try and BOOM locks up everytime. All I have to do is start closing programs. It will do it just about everytime when I close out file manager.

Is any one else having this issue and have you found something that works better?
  3. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

I have not had a lock up issue yet, with the newer version. He is also continuing with the development. RC4C version is fantastic. I tried to duplicate what you said with file manager and still no lockups. RC5 should be out shortly according to Amarullz.Keep checking the first link I provided. He is trying to make it fully compatible for all phones and languages. Good Luck, Boo
  4. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

Newer update: http://www.pxdxa.com/read.php?tid=50355&fpage=0&toread=&page=1 This is a free program still. I have been using it for 4 days now not 1 lockup. This has none of the problems with freezing that the original smartToolkit had. He has a added so many more options that it already far exceeds any software out there.Again try it you won't be sorry. Boo
  5. eddyhig

eddyhig New Member

How do you have it installed? Do you have it in the startup directory so that it loads when the Q boots up or do you start it your self?

All I did was download the new version, started the program and it worked till I closed out file explorer and boom... locks up to where no keys work except the end key to power it off and back on.
  6. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

Downloaded it to my computer>unzip>activesync>explore>mywindowsmobiledevice>programs>drag unzipped file. On motoQ start>file manager>program files>SmartToolkit>SmartToolkit.exe done. No lockups for me this way. Hope this helps,Boo
  7. eddyhig

eddyhig New Member

Well after my last reply I rebooted and did not have any more issues, I have since put it in my windows/startup folder so that it comes up when the phone is turned on. the only thing I see now is that if you hit hibernate the program will vanish into thin air. So you have to go back and load it. I noticed this before I put it in the startup folder. I thought that hibernate makes it release used memory. is this right?
  8. winotree

winotree New Member

"Application can not be viewed on this device" comes up at all three of your links. You make this sound good and what I can find online seems to support that...any help for someone trying "really hard" :wink:
  9. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

Are you trying to open it on your computer or your phone? It will not open on your computer only from your phone. Boo
  10. winotree

winotree New Member

My bad...yes, I am using an AppUnlocked SprintQ, with Resco Explorer 2007 (which does my unzips) yet am unable to download. Any suggestions? Am not rushing into anything this weekend...just the way I am! Thanks!
  11. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

Have you tried what I wrote in post #6?
  12. eddyhig

eddyhig New Member

ok it locked up again. I shared it with a friend at work and it locked up on him as well. I will keep trying the new versions as they come out. I do like the program but with the lockups, and other weird things I may have to wait. He does have a good thing going and it makes it very nice for people to load there programs.
  13. winotree

winotree New Member

Ohhh...no...no computer..."and another one bites the dust". :sigh:
  14. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

The only time I had problems from where I put it on my phone was when changing homescreen. I since go to power settings (within smarttoolkit) shut down smarttoolkit before I change homescreen, then restart smarttoolkit. Maybe it is where you put it on your phone. I also think it has a problem with gadgets black soft keys if you are using them. Hope this helps, Boo
  15. miro

miro New Member

It's a really well-put together app and the UI is quite impressive. I am unfortunately also experiencing freeze-ups.The last one required a battery pull... sigh. Maybe the post-beta version will resolve these issues.
  16. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

I wish everyone was having as much luck as I've been having. I have not had any lockup in 5-6 days i've been using it (knock on wood!:smile:). I'm wondering if another app is causing conflicts. Do you have another app that does any of the same things that smarttoolkit has included (e.g. auto keylock program, right menu)? Just trying to make sense of these lockups, Boo
  17. miro

miro New Member

I am running the Orange plugin and iQv3 theme on my phone, so it's possible those are causing conflicts. I ran STK this morning with both of those disabled and it still froze.
  18. eddyhig

eddyhig New Member

I"m not running anything at all as for menu programs, or any thing else. I have palringo running and maybe internet explorer, but these should not cause it to lock up. it has been a issue with my Q before the Q update ml3 came out. I had hope that the update was the fix to it because I really do like the program. I am sure he will get it fixed though. just takes people like us to test it and find the problems so they can be resolved.
  19. abrigham

abrigham New Member

wow... I should really check the software section more often ;) I was just wondering the other day if there was an update to this software... I had been using it on my system a while back (Alpha 3 or 4, I believe) and it worked great until I installed something else (not sure what, tho) that conflicted with it and it started locking up on me. I quit using it at that point. Now that I've done a master reset after the MOL3 update, I think I'll have to try it again :) Thanks bootheresa.
  20. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member