Smart Tool Kit Skins

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by dafoxs, Oct 11, 2008.

1. jpmi23

jpmi23 New Member

These icons are SWEET! But... question is... can I get a black version?
  2. jpmi23

jpmi23 New Member

I thought of another question... How do I get the cool battery icon?
  3. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

The battery icon is part of the Rinku iconbar set, a small addin for home screens. If you search here you can find several threads about it.

As for the skin, what did you mean by black? Some details could help me make one.
  4. jpmi23

jpmi23 New Member

Thanks. I figured out the black question (I forgot how I did it, but somehow I was able to get them to be darker).

I love the icon plugin! I just which I could get it to work with screens other then the NRG slider.
  5. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

You can. The iconbar is a plugin on the homescreen. If you transplant the code for it from the packaged one into another, it will work.
  6. jpmi23

jpmi23 New Member

Could I ask... for some schooling? I am NOT familiar with xml at all. I wouldn't know where to start.
  7. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Haha I'm no expert in that field either.

If you open your home screen file (.xml) in notepad, it will list a bunch of plugins. The Rinku bar should be this one:

<plugin clsid="{B06A8DAB-E148-40d5-BE8F-3C494ABF3046}" name="iconbar" height="27" orientation="l">
    </plugin>

If you open the desired home screen file you want the icons to be in, just replacing the contained iconbar plugin with the Rinku plugin listing should change it to the new icons.

I would probably research a little in the stickies with design tutorials and maybe ask some of the home screen vets here if you can't find an answer there.
  8. jpmi23

jpmi23 New Member

Awesome. Thanks for the help. I'll look into it.

Have a good holiday weekend.

(Remember the vets.)
  9. helltoupee

helltoupee New Member

I have a skin request please . I use the Vista start icon without text . It also has a little gears icon on the right side without text . Is it possible to edit a file I'm assuming a XML file to make the black taskbar transparent ? And if so could you post the edits that would need to be done . If not could you make a skin with the Vista start icon and the Gears icon sans taskbar that you can still pick other icon packs with it ? I really liked the look of Black Berry skin you did and thought it looked cool without the taskbar but like the Vista button . Thanks for help .

From my Q9C Hell Toupee
  10. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

The taskbar isn't transparent per say - I merely colored it so it matches with the background (why I package them with backgrounds). If you make the taskbar transparent, it will only show up as a gray bar.

As for the Vista icon, I can definitely try and extract that from the taskbar for you. The Tasks icon (gears) is not a part of the taskbar itself (it just sits on top of it) so you won't need that to make it look transparent. My custom Task icons are set with the taskbar, which is why they disappear from view when you press them.
  11. helltoupee

helltoupee New Member

Ok I understand now about the taskbars . I am using the black shiny mod , forget the name of the cab file . I'm happy with the look . I use the blue wm 6.1 background and is alot easier on the eyes than the stock win green . Just thought it would look neat if it was possible . I will just stick with what I have for now . Thanks for the response .
  12. Kyanro

Kyanro New Member

I made a STK theme after my XP desktop theme I'm currently using (Zune).
    The start menu is the same as default. I just took Dafoxs My Phone XP and changed the images.

Basically looks like the following (didn't bother making a screenshot)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    unselected

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    selected

Download the .zip attached... i also put the 320x213 wallpaper above in the zip.

Enjoy
    Kyanro

Attached Files:

13. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

14. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

very nice addition to the facade 2.0 screen by waltzb

glad to see there is still homescreen development
  15. eric3938

eric3938 New Member

I used the "black soft keys" app, then I went in and edited the registry keys it created. If I remember correctly the values have to be in decimal format (base 10). I used a program called SCalc on my phone (was all I had available at the time) to convert the Hex. colors I wanted to Dec. format. The screenshot below shows the different coloring of the soft keys.

The registry key is "HKCU\ControlPanel\Home\blacksoft.scheme.xml"

note: if you havent installed the black soft keys app this key won't be there

also note: after editing the registry, reloading the homescreen will allow the changes to take effect

View attachment 6743

Attached Files:

16. eric3938

eric3938 New Member

Attached Files:

17. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

18. n99hockey

not exactly what i meant
    what i meant (i think) at the time was to use the smarttookkit images of the start menu rather than the standard start menu appearance without having to use the program

just for the looks

but yes you can mess with the start buttons colors...just check out ekos page
    www.ekopapers.com
  19. eric3938

eric3938 New Member

Hehe, I was half asleep browsing last night, didn't realize just how old this thread was :dft011:tounge_out
  20. n99hockey

its all good
    doesnt mean you cant try to get it to work:dft011:tounge_out