Smart monitor

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by MBK2, Jul 7, 2008.

?

what do you prefer/use: standard icon bar OR Smartmonitor

1. standard icon bar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Smartmonitor

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. if Smartmonitor: it never locks up, works great

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. if Smartmonitor: it does lock up from time to time

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I use smart tool kit, rinku tool bar and have used smart monitor. never had a lock up.
  2. jeffNbarb

jeffNbarb New Member

Do we really need a poll?? Can't everyone just chime in here stating whether or not it works for them. So far, it seems from the few posts here that it works for the majority. While I think we can all agree, it doesn't work for all, I don't see the benefit of polling whether or not something is useful or not. :smile:
  3. crazykay

crazykay New Member

polling saves time and useless comments in the forum.. not all people are gonna go through and read all this thread and a poll would be easier and save space and its not about if its useful or not its about which one they prefer!
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

aaaand...
    [​IMG]
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yea.. but a poll does not allow a "sub" poll.... so i can ask:
    1. standard icon bar
    2. Smartmonitor
    3. if Smartmonitor: it did lock up
    4. Smartmonitor: never locked up
  6. crazykay

crazykay New Member

looks good to me!!
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

consider it done..
  8. jeffNbarb

jeffNbarb New Member

R u saying that my comment was useless??? Shoot the new guy for commenting CrazyKay!!! A persons comment in a reply is just as good to me as a poll choosing whether or not people use it or not. Is this how this forum reacts to newbies? If so, I wont be here long.:angry:
  9. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

calm down....

please re-read her post
    'it says polling saves time and useless comments in threads'

not that YOUR comment was useless

jeez...please read before you attack:wink:
  10. crazykay

crazykay New Member

whoa! jeff calm down! no I wasn't saying that about your comment. if I was I would have said "useless comment such as yours" but that's not what I said now was it?? don't take things so personal. that comment was in no way directed to your post..trust me I say what I think and will always give my honest opnion..
  11. crazykay

crazykay New Member

and we love our newbies around here.. probably the friendliest forum around the web right here!!
  12. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Even though its early in this poll, it seems to me that roughly half use it, half don't. Sorry CK, but i kinda agree with jeff, as to the usefullness of this poll. Its my belief that this poll is not usefull in the fact that unless when u installed Smartmonitor u automically locked up right after u put it on, how do u know if its that program strictly or a combination of factors. (Compatibility with other 3rd party apps) on your Q. Lets think about this fairly, if u were to do a master reset, (thereby wiping out all added software), then put on only Smartmonitor to c if it then would lock up the Q, that would be the only unbiased way of determining that it was SM that locked u up. It boils down to this: (which NO poll will sway u), if u like it u will use it, if u don't then u won't. All we designers can do is add it to our HS creations if we desire, & if members request it w/o, then it is up to us to make those changes, if we so desire.:smile:
  13. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

in reply to that... a poll is almost never of any use to me. plus i don't think this or any other poll was intended to "sway" somebody
  14. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

I agree RB, polls are No use to me either, that was just my point. The funny thing is that since this whole topic came about and u put up this poll, I have gotten PM'd about how to find Smartmonitor from members that haven't used it, wanting to get it. Maybe it "swayed" them. LOL:smile:
  15. crazykay

crazykay New Member

well I can see your point and in no way will this thread "sway" me away from smartmonitor. I love it I think it looks great and will always use it. the only reason I requested a poll is because it will give me a actual percentage on who uses what.. plus im just to lazy to read 20 pages worth of posts so a poll is more convinient for me! lol

P.S. (how did we go from debating smartmonitor to debating polls) lol what the heck???
  16. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

there always seems to be a group that can be swayed :}

*points to docmac*
  17. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Perhaps it's a Q1 thing but I just tried SmartMonitor again and it completely locked up my Q Black... to the point that I couldn't even get to the Settings menu to change the homescreen or to the remove programs to delete SmartMonitor!! Just did a master reset, most of my software is on my Mini-SD card so wasn't too bad, just a pain in the ass. Just have to redo a couple registry changes and reload the Net Framework 2.0 on the device but have reloaded and fixed the paths of all the programs on my card already... (even got Fizzweather that I got for free reloaded , without having to buya new license )

Gotta tell you... any software that completely locks up and renders the phone unuseable is nothing close to resembling stable. Just because it is working for some doesn't constitute that it's a good and stable software.

As a Beta tester for several software developers, I can confidently tell you that these types of issues and lock-ups (BOD on the PC) are exactly what these developers want to know to stabilize their Betas.... and considering that the author of SmartMonitor shitcanned development of it, there is no way to stabilize it unless he makes the program code open sourced.

I in no way said that others can't use it, by all means do so, but if it locks up your Q to the point of a master reset... don't come crying to me...lmao:tounge::2cool: Actually, if you noticed, I only suggested to crazykay to maybe stack the meters on one side.. not completely abandon it.... maybe even add the VMail & MMS plugin onto the other side so as to not have too many of those icons on the iconbar... and make it transparnet.

But for me.... ain't no way this unstable proggy will ever see my Q's internals again......LMFAO :wink:

BTW... the polls show a few things IMHO... 1. is that most could care less about it, thus the lack of voting.... 2. 4 out of 11 state that they haven't seen lock-ups... 3. surprising that it is 7-2 for the icon bar??... I guess looks isn't everything...lol

another BTW..;}... Crazykay and DocMac, you guys make some great looking homescreens, so I commend you two for that. This was in no way to step on either of your toes... just me voicing my opinion... :)
  18. kogama

kogama Active Member

I think you got the wrong version of smartmonitor becasue i got the latest one and it locked up my phone every 2 secs get the one off my apps page or rb's apps page
  19. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Thanks kogama... perhaps that is it, but the code is still bsically similar, and any program that could potentially disable the 'entire' operations of the phone is not worth veturing after. I can understand if some might not mind using it because it locks up and is fixed with a soft reset.... but if there is even 1% possibility that a lock up would lead to a master reset to fix.... well that is 1% tooooooooo much...LMAO :-(
  20. crazykay

crazykay New Member

well thank you MBK2 for the comments! and no you didn't offend me in anyway whatsoever. everyone is entitled to there opinion.. im really sorry you had to do a master resest!! that stinks..im gonna work on some coding today and try to take your advice and come up with something side by side. ill see how it works and looks and ill let you know!!