Slow texting

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by ComMizz, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

*waisted bandwidth*
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

*Ahem*
    If it's already covered in the FAQ it doesn't really need a new thread...

and dafoxs is one of our kinder members

re: bullet b what's good for one is good for all...
  3. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Exactly !!! AND please re read the related prior posts and feel the kindness there . . . "Kinder . . ." PHHHHHHHFFFTTTTTT . . . Ya gotta be kidding. If THAT'S kindness to you . . . I pray to God I'm never on your bad side. :) -Q
  4. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Look and see how many times myself and other old timers anwered that topic in other threads. There is nothing "Rude" in my replies, If you feel the need to attack someone, take it private. How is your replies helping anyone??
  5. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Says it ALL !!!!!! :) -Q
  6. EQBob

EQBob New Member

At the risk of wading in where I shouldn't, could we please all calm down and take a breath for a moment.

Here are *MY* observations.

1) The sticky FAQ is only listed in the Motorola Q forum. If you have a 9c, 9m, etc and go to that forum, you won't see a FAQ / new user's call out.

2) The naming between the sticky and the actual site locaiton is inconsistent. The menu says FAQ, yet the FAQ calls itself a knowledge base.

3) The FAQ thread references a new user's guide. I can't even find a way to get into that from outside of the original sticky in the Q forum.

4) Searching the FAQ/KB on texting returns "0" hits. So how exactly can we state that it's covered in there and to go search there when nothing comes up.

5) Searching for "texting" in the forums returns more than 500 threads.

So we've got both ends of the spectrum going here in terms of information availability...none or complete overload, you've got long-term members who have seen these discussions before, maybe multiple times, and tend to write shorter, direct, statement oriented responses and newer members who need more guidance than that.

I've been here a year or more and I don't find the search very helpful and I've been around the block a time or 6. I don't think the answer is just "go search". Pretend to be a newbie and try to search for something, or ask a family member to try to find something. It's difficult. Not intentionally of course, but it's difficult.

Maybe there could be a new forum, containing a single sticky post, labeled for new members, that explains how to do some of these things and search more effectively using this site and providing links to where these resources are. Don't allow other postings in that forum.

Thoughts? Suggest to mods?

This is a classic problem I've seen in EVERY forum I've ever been around. EQ handles it better than most. Still, tolerance and education is the key...and sometimes that requires either not answering or answering in something a little longer than what appears as shorthand to a newbie.

And we were all newbies....
  7. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I believe that tony and some others were working on an everythingq wiki
    and you can also search here using google just add www.everythingq.com to the keywords
  8. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I dont want to prolong this post. The best way to search this forum is through Google
    for the heck of it, go to google and search for
    slow text EverythingQ
    all the post will pop up. This is in the attempt to help all and isn't being said to be "Rude." GMAB.
  9. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line and the easiest way to answer a direct question IS a direct answer. Doesn't hurt one bit !!! :) -Q
  10. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

You won, you got the last word in.
    What Ever. Please close the door behind you.
  11. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

I shall . . . and don't let it hit you in the ass !! :) -Q
  12. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

good god people
    i step away for a few hours and this happens

if the OP considers a post rude or has attitude then so be it....perhaps it could have been said more tactful, perhaps the OP is just frustrated, i dont know...and quite frankly it doesnt matter at this point

and yes it is important seasoned members to be courteous to new members and help when they can, but also keep in mind the forum rules where we ask people to search for threads that have discussed certain items before as well as read the FAQ section and the new members guide

with that said other members should NOT take it upon themselves to call out and scold members and carry on a conversation like they are 3 year olds...no one is perfect...consider how you would like to be treated

we are all adults here, can we at least act like them?

--thread closed--
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.