Slow texting

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by ComMizz, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ComMizz

ComMizz New Member

Slow texting

Why is it that when i text i finish typing what im saying and i have to wait for the letters to catch up and finish. Its realllllly slow and i just deleted all of my text. Please talk really simple with me i am new to this thing.
  2. cchannelz06

cchannelz06 New Member

Try turning off predicative text and cleaning out its cache. Aslo may want to invest in sktools.
  3. ComMizz

ComMizz New Member

i have no clue how to turn off whatever that is or how to clear my cache and what does sktools do
  4. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

This has been covered a billion times. there is a search function here. do a search for "Freezing," "Lagging" "sktools"
    You will get your answer.
  5. cchannelz06

cchannelz06 New Member

Go to settings(the icon that looks like a gear and wrench) and open. Click on "more" until you get to "text input settings" and open it. Uncheck "suggest words when typing". After you have done that click the menu button and click "clear input history".

SKtools is a program used to help keep your phones history, cache and temp folders clean. Load it on the phone and run about once a week.
  6. ComMizz

ComMizz New Member

actually i did search but apparently i wasn't using the right keywords. I'm sorry maybe instead of being so rude to someone that is really confused and just got this thing you could be helpful and maybe ask if i tried to search and help me out.
  7. ComMizz

ComMizz New Member

thank you very much i did all that besides the sktools im trying to figure out how to get it right now.
  8. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

how do you get rude from that. .That is what that function is for. You can even google it..
    Try this on google
    slow texting everythingq.
  9. ComMizz

ComMizz New Member

I am pretty sure you and I both know you had an attitude while answering me. I understand you are probably a regular here and seen many people ask this i apologize. i tried searching didn't get my answer
  10. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

nope, no attitude here, maybe there? I did help you. Search from google.
  11. ComMizz

ComMizz New Member

right, later
  12. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Many of us here, both new users and more long-term users, have had difficulty finding the answers with a search. While it it easy to get a hit on the word you're looking for, it returns pages and pages of threads and hundreds of posts. It can be challenging to find the nugget of information amongst all that text.

Also, you have to be careful to use the forums search and not the site search. Forums search is the little one on the 3rd and final menu line with the magnifying glass by it. I remember using the site search for my first 10 questions or so and not finding a dang thing <G>.

There are some posts out there that have a "sticky" on them so that they stay at the top all of the time. Some of them have frequently asked questions in them. I don't know if anything pertaining to texting is in them, but they can be a good source of general information and maybe help you feel more comfotable with your new device.

Welcome to the forums and don't mind fox...he hasn't had any oreos today <G>.
  13. EQBob

EQBob New Member

speaking of SKTools, does anyone know if it works on 6.1 Pro? Site only says 6 Pro.
  14. ComMizz

ComMizz New Member

thank you for that. Now that is helpful
  15. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

the texting issue is also covered in the FAQ, if i remember correctly.
  16. ComMizz

ComMizz New Member

ok thanks i will figure it out without your smart comments
  17. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Instead of wasting the bandwidth with your damed "search prompts" why don't you just help the peeps in a courteous manner from the get go. The folks that ask don't need spanked . . . they need help and if you can't do that, at least quit with the rude crap retorts. Everyone loves "ass" . . . nobody loves a "smart ass." !!!!! :) -Q
  18. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

YUP! Works fine with WM 6.1 also.

Smart Tweaker 2008 ALSO has an option in it that allows you to speed-up typing and it REALLY works for txting especially. Hope this helps ya, ComMizz. :) -Q
  19. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

WTH, and posting the same question over and over again, isn't waisting so called bandwidth??????:). If a Mod post the "Search reply," would you make that comment. I don't think so. What's the differents then. Read your PMs.
  20. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

A.) YOU ain't no MOD (NOT YOUR JOB)

B.) A little kindness goes a long way.

C.) No clue about PM's

D.) Learn to spell OR USE spellcheck.

E.) Nuff said !!! :) -Q
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.