SlingBox anyone?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by cnts13, Dec 9, 2007.

1. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

just got a message on mobile slingplayer that there is an update available....i havent been able to check it out yet!
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Thanks!!! Updating as I type... :smile:
  3. blkballoon925

blkballoon925 New Member

It works now?
    I tried to update last night when I saw the previous post and the HTTP server download.slingmedia.com kept timing out.
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Downloaded! All I see so far is some channel additions...basically icons for added channels! I might not of noticed that had I not of been missing a couple and wondered why they weren't included! And I found zero information on an announcement for this upgrade/update at slingmedia or slingcommunity!

I went from 1.6.0.49 to 1.6.0.53 with this update....4 points = 4 channels? :smile:
  5. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Oh cool. I am now updating my mobile app. I though it was just a desktop update.
  6. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

but....Slingplayer 2.0 for Windows is pretty sweet!
  7. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

It's even better with the new program guide. It makes it easier to navigate without having to use the remote.
  8. asodestrom

asodestrom New Member

When I check for updates from my phone it says that 1.6.0.49 is the most recent update:frown: Do you have to get it from a pc?
  9. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

yup....slingmobile doesnt have a upgrade via itself feature. Although mine alerted me of the update!
  10. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

You won't get the alert until you sign in. But even after you receive alert, you still need to update via pc, like TF said.
  11. asodestrom

asodestrom New Member

Thanks for the help. I got it updated from the pc.
  12. dan j

dan j New Member

Slingbox Mobile update

Hey folks, how are the Slingbox Mobiles?

My SB situation was crazy really ticked me off. My Slingbox software was screwed up after their latest firmware (consider yourself lucky if you weren't on their website complaining :2cool: ) so I have been unable to sling on my Q9h or laptops. Sling Media finally updated the update and now the firmware works fine. But, then my SB wouldn't work - somehow I ended up with a non-USA model. SB was good about that and swapped out the non-USA model free of charge. After all that I'm finally up and running :smile:

I see that they've come out with update for the Mobiles but I'm a little gunshy to download firmware after the last PITA.

So, has anyone done the update? What are the benifits?

Thanks
  13. blkballoon925

blkballoon925 New Member

I didn't have a firmware update for mine, but I did update my mobile software. Everything is working fine for me. No noticeable change from the previous versions.
  14. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

yeah...updates have been fine! mobile updates added some new channel icons and misc fixes. one of my boxes has gone through two upgrades and they went smoothly also.
  15. dan j

dan j New Member

I'm glad you guys are happy with the update on the Q9h and didn't have the problems so many folks had with the SB. I'm still gun shy so I'll wait a little longer to update the Q9h just in case :wink: It was a long couple of months without it. I guess one of their software designers was getting laid off and did something to screw up everyone's SB through the firmware. I dunno, something like that. Lots of folks lost the use of the SB before SB stopped the firmware. Anyway, check their site if you're interested in the story.

Thanks again
  16. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Isn't there something about the old slingboxes may not work properly with the new softwares, and they encourage to upgrade hardware by offering them at a discounted price?