Skyfire

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by PJRetallack, Jul 22, 2008.

1. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Well I'll be basted and roasted..LMAO!!... finally got the Skyfire text message and just downloaded it... I didn't get to use it very much yet but on initial run-thru it's not as fast as my PIE, but it did play some flash videos from websites, so it may be a good complimentary browser to my PIE and Opera Mini...I'll try and post more feedback when I've tried it more...

And just to let those still waiting know... I signed up back on March 24th. :tounge:
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

that's about how I use it too
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I have mine linked to my internet button. I've been trying to figure out how to set it as my default browser. For streaming videos, I still prefer TCPMP and pie. The downside, I have to use my extended battery to get me through the work day.
  4. JeffPom

JeffPom New Member

PIE?

what is "PIE"? (he says trying to make his message longer than 10 characters...)
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

Pocket Internet Explorer.
  6. JeffPom

JeffPom New Member

Muchos Gracias Senior....

:)

That's what I thought - but since it really isn't a great browser - I thought maybe there was something better....
  7. miro

miro New Member

pie > PIE.
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you're welcome.... it does mainly what i need it to do, and for special occasions so to speak i use Skyfire. (frankly, the constant zooming in Skyfire gets old really fast...)
  9. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

PIE is extremely fast for me nowadays... usually 700 -900 KB/s
    I like Skyfire better than Opera Mini and I'm going to use it the same way as you are RB. PIE mostly, and Skyfire for anything that PIE cannot open or view. I'll still keep OperaMini, but doubt I'd use it much now.

Oh and I also don't care for the constant zooming on Skyfire neither... :2cool:
  10. sherri

sherri Active Member

Same here. PIE mainly. I use my Q as a major source of my internet use, and PIE is definately fast enough. Skyfire when I need flash video, but like RB, I'm not too impressed w/the zoom.

Daughter loves the opera mini browser best, so I have all three (and also teashark) on my phone.

Just my 2 cents worth!
  11. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

rest assured that the zoom issue has been mentioned on the skyfire forums multiple times (and they are listening). the next version is being worked on as we speak, it will probably have other improvements. but not sure exactly which ones yet...
  12. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

I like Skyfire best, though the way that Opera Mini sorta re centers the window when scrolling past text is nice.

I'm not really a fan of having a java runtime installed for just the one program.

However, I dislike that I can't seem to download files to my q9c in Skyfire either, so I use PIE and Skyfire.

Also, I wish it was a simple change to make something else the default browser in WM Standard. Coming from a Treo running Garnet, where there was a very simple "Default apps" preference screen, this bugs me quite a bit.
  13. FordGTGuy

FordGTGuy New Member

I just received my invite but whenever I try to login to the browser on my phone it comes up saying invalid e-mail address and password. Also whenever I try to login to the forum on Skyfire's website and it comes up saying there is a SQL Error. Is it me or is their server messed up right now?
  14. ewok69103

ewok69103 New Member

Im glad you posted because im getting the same error. I just got my invite today and can not login on my phone and the forum. Makes me feel like its on their end.
  15. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

my copy is working fine, but that doesn't mean it's not on their end...
    I could forward both of your email addys to Cheryl (one of the skyfire admins) so she can contact you and see if it can be worked out.
  16. MisterTedster

MisterTedster New Member

I have the exact same problem with not being able to log in.
  17. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

according to Paco he's gonna email everyones addy in so jump on the list! Haha...just pokin Paco! :)
  18. t3chn1k4l

t3chn1k4l Member

Been waiting forever but skyfire finally made good on their word. Got my invite yesterday.
  19. JeffPom

JeffPom New Member

20. BZero007

BZero007 New Member

Glad to see im not alone.
    Has anyone had any luck with there logins yet, to either the forums or the browser?