SkyFire

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Wetfoot, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Geekster

Geekster New Member

mine works w\o errors. I didn't do anything but wait it out. I knew they would get it fixed. Thank them for me too!
    potQ
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

according to WMExpert skyfire has released an update....
    Paco...is this true?

i downloaded the file and it appears to have a different number than the one released recently
  3. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

the current build is 7081, but not much has changed. and contrary to some reports there is no VGA support (not that it matters to us anyway)
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

gotcha
    installed it and doesnt look any different
  5. zyrtek69

zyrtek69 New Member

i'm having problems getting skyfire to work on my moto q flashed to cricket can you help me please??
  6. dmm5157

dmm5157 New Member

I updated to the new version of Skyfire last night (version 0.8.0.7081). Took a while and I recommend not installing the Skyfire for your Homepage option. It screwed up my settings and took me a while to figure out it was just added to my Homepage settings. Then, I had to go back and redo CHome Config to get my settings back the way I liked them. Kind of a pain in the arse.

Skyfire had been working great for me for the past few weeks: better than ever, actually. Last night was frustrating. While I like some of the new features (smart zoom works well, videos load much smoother, the cursor "finds" links better than the last version), it seems to be very slow in loading and has a lot of bugs in it. I also don't like the new start-up page.

Anyone else notice any significant changes?
  7. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

you know, it can help in the getting rid of bugs if you report the ones you find in the skyfire forum...
    ;-)
  8. gaugreg1x

gaugreg1x New Member

When i am listening to streaming radio on Syfire it seems to time out every 5 minutes or so and i have to reload the page. Is there any way to stop this with changing some type of seting ?
    Gr:2cool:eg
  9. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

at this point, setting your backlight time out to never should do that.
  10. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

I did a few of the speed hacks on the phone that speed up the processor earlier and allow multiple connections. Helped a bit with Skyfire.