SkyFire

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Wetfoot, Jan 28, 2008.

1. k_semler

k_semler New Member

It works now. :)
  2. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

I tried a quick little "save image"..was able to to save to sd! But when I navigated to the pic it was a bright yellow square..it was a nice yellow square though!! Haven't had time to test more so could of been a glitch in the pic I chose...very cool update so far still!!!!
  3. k_semler

k_semler New Member

Youtube streams much better now, and I also see there is an option in "settings" to make it the default browser. I did that, and I also mapped it to the "internet" button. I would like to see an option to import bookmarks from Opera and PIE. I like that now I can zoom in on a video on YouTube, and it fills the screen just like it should when displaying in "full screen" mode on a desktop computer. This is a major improvement over 0.6, but if the initial startup time could be improved, it would help greatly in the overall usability of this browser. (but it's good enough for me to set it as my primary browser). I would also like to see an option to specify a custom homepage, and also how far back to keep cookies and history stored on the device. I would also like to see integration with the OS, so phone numbers on webpages can be highlighted, and have the option to call them with the push of the OK button, (like you can in Opera 8.6). A more responsive mouse, (make it move faster), would be nice too; with an option to "right click" like you can on a full computer. Also, is there a way to click on scroll bars imbedded into webpages, and drag them? (like the ones on YouTube that are present in the "similar videos" sidebar)
  4. manbat

manbat Active Member

Got Mine........

Got Mine........Loaded right up. Started right up. No Problem. The update created a Skyfire home screen. Test it more and check out the xml later.
  5. manbat

manbat Active Member

Had to check out Youtube.....

Had to check out Youtube.....Streams MUCH!! better. Volume jumps around though.
  6. manbat

manbat Active Member

Checked out "Save Image"..........

Checked out "Save Image"..........Worked well...saved to SD Card.
  7. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

i havent been able to log in once today, I deleted the auth.txt file from the root folder but that did nothing and ive changed my password at least 6 times myself and the automatic way. help!
  8. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

I have no trouble right now. Have you tried downloading the latest version to update all the access settings? (Just an idea.)
  9. DallasStars

DallasStars New Member

Other than changing the settings in power management, is there a way to keep the backlight from turning off while watching videos on youtube or hulu?

I also have to close skyfire and adjust the volume and can't adjust the volume on the site.
  10. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

as far as the volune, use the side wheel, it will minimize skyfire, just reopen it. im using smart toolkit, makes it eisier to re open. guess you can use the task manager to re open it also.
  11. sherri

sherri Active Member

When I try to log on to the .8 version, there are tons of problems (see the thread here called: "can't log on").

Reinstalled the .6 version, & have no problems. Skyfire is aware of problems, has to do with their servers. When I hear from Paco that it is fixed, I will re-download newer version...
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thanks.... in that case i will wait with you.
  13. sherri

sherri Active Member

My Monday just got a WHOLE lot better! :)
  14. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

yeah cause i just upgraded to 8 yesterday
  15. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

uh where can i get v. 6?
  16. sherri

sherri Active Member

Don't know if this will help....

That was the first version released for the beta. I save all cab files on my storage card, so even though when I downloaded version .8, I got the message "Skyfire will remove the previous version...", I still have the cab on my card....
  17. Boycan

Boycan New Member

Sure wish I had done that I too store all my cab files in a separate folder but for some stupid reason I deleted the old one :-( Leasons learned I guess :)
  18. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

they appear to be making progress on the server issue.
  19. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

yup...
    .8 seems to be working on my Q9c now
  20. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

mine also

4 now