sk tools on rudeboys apps, which one?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by mmmdiesel, Mar 25, 2009.

1. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Great info and thanks!

How safe is the registry compaction? Tells me a 24% decrease in size is possible.

I know all of this stuff on the PC, but not on the phone world. Never used any of this on my Q, never had a problem. Not having any problems now, just trying to be proactive.
  2. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Never used it. SKTools claims not to anything that will harm the phone. So far for me, it has not.
  3. moparmikey007

moparmikey007 New Member

theres only one way to find out. back everything up and try it. if it breaks, put it back together with your back up. if its better, yeah!!!!
  4. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Easy to say when it's not your phone <G>
  5. Hyundaifixer

Hyundaifixer New Member

so I just ran SKtools5.cab on my q9c with wm6.1. Now when I get calls/texts there is no sound.

I tried to go into settings....and it says settings cannot be opened.

If I move my pim.vol to my storage card to do a master rest, Where do I move it back to on the phone? (I forgot where I pulled it from).

My problem is that the phone has a long lag to it. I'm not seeing my text as I input it. Does it in emails to. I've cleard text memory.

I was getting a low memory message, cleaned out google maps, pictures I had....nothing seems to work.

I just pulled the battery to see what happenes now. I did have the lagging problem a few months ago, but that was fixed...this one isnt as simple it looks like.
  6. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

pim.vol resides in the root of your Q....no folders.
  7. Hyundaifixer

Hyundaifixer New Member

so if I'm going to do a master reset, do I just move the PIM to the storeage card, master reset then move it back to the phone?
    SK tools isnt helping my lag proble.
  8. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

yup...thats it. will need another file explorer other than stock to do it but their are free ones. also...plenty of step by step directions here! =)
  9. manbat

manbat Active Member

You will need to rename the one that is in the phone after the master reset to something else. I use pim1.vol, then copy the saved one from the storage card to the phone . I always resart and then delete the renamed one. Works like a charm.
  10. Hyundaifixer

Hyundaifixer New Member

another file explorer? I just selected it and moved it to the storage card....no issues.

Would all of this be mute if I just sync'd it to a computer, did the master reset then rescync'd it?

I got ya. I read about that but could not find the thread again.

1. move original pim.vol to storage card
    2. perform master reset
    3. rename pim.vol on device pim1.vol after master reset
    4. move pim.vol from storage card to device
    5. delete pim1.vol
    6. all should be good....

The phone is pretty much useless right now. I ran SKtools5 and I now cannot access my sound settings, so when someone calls me, no ringing @ all. I'm not happy with the sktools.