sk tools on rudeboys apps, which one?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by mmmdiesel, Mar 25, 2009.

1. mmmdiesel

mmmdiesel New Member

sk tools on rudeboys apps, which one?

on rudeboys apps page he has two sktools cab files, sktools5.cab and sktoolss.cab. Which one do I want for my phone. Q 9c, Sprint service, Windows Mobile 6.1. Thanks
  2. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

I'd try the "5" one. The other looks like a typo. :) -Q
  3. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

i think the 5 is lite...and the s is standard.
  4. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Heck I can't even figure out where to get a cab on the SKTools site for WMPro6.1. Only thing I can find that even looks compatable is a zipped PC install file.
  5. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

on the main page of their site it's under pocket PC software products
  6. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Yep...that part I got. But the only version that is compataible with WMP is apparently not available in a CAB for downloading straight to the phone. Every other version appears available as a CAB. Don't understand it, but obviously can't change it. I downloaded the ZIP and the next time I have my phone hooked to my PC, I will install. Since that's like once every 6 months, I will probably make a special hook-up to accomplish that sooner <G>.
  7. sherri

sherri Active Member

Froggy wins again!:smile:
  8. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

I thanked him for it . . . didn't realize that you were keeping score. Heehaw :) -Q
  9. mmmdiesel

mmmdiesel New Member

So if 5 is lite and s is standard, which one do I want? Which one would you all recommend? Thanks for all the replies. Also, should I install it to a memory card, or direct to phone?
  10. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

"S" and to the card.
  11. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I downloaded and installed the right one for the Saga via ActiveSync. Now trying to Figure out how to use the demo mode. In the clean portion, it has checkboxes but a limit of 6 shown per list...not sure if I check them and then hit clean or what.
  12. mmmdiesel

mmmdiesel New Member

OK, thought I had it all figured out, but, how the heck do I choose to download it to the card?
  13. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

check them and hit delete marked.
  14. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

You cant. Download it and install it to the card. In The FAQ tab it tells you how to install apps.
  15. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Thanks did that. Also found category view, Maintenance, Tools, Close, Kill processes and phone went blinky for a few seconds and then just went completely unresponsive except for screen staying lit and mouse moving. Had to pull battery to reset. No idea what the heck that did.

It's a very complex program with multiple tiers of menus.....very easy to make a mistake.
  16. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Not sure how it works on a Saga. Is the phone still working OK.
  17. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Yep...seems to be fine. RAM and storage are normal, all apps restarted, am in EVDO, email works, etc.

What does that do on a Q?
  18. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Now there is a menu app called Auto Clean. I hit it and it immediately started executing. Didn't look like it did anything damaging. Somethign called FREEUpRam released 2000K.
  19. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I see you hit kill all, Iguess it killed what controls your screen. I never used that.
  20. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Auto clean will clean all the normal stuff. It can be altered in the settings menu under the automation tab. I stopped the bad shortcut clean. It does not clean messages incase you didn't read them. You can set a schedule for it also. Pick a time and set the days. use 1 for sunday, 2 for monday. a week would be 1,2,3,4,5,6,7