sk tools lite or standard

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Tony Bag o Donuts, Jun 13, 2008.

1. maybe there is a setting that allows you to bypass certain files?
  2. kogama

kogama Active Member

I uninstalled lite...after i scanned without using the quick clean thing i couldnt get rid of anything it was confusing me.....
  3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

I just downloaded SK Tools Lite, the free version for my Q. My issue came when I tried to use the FreeUP RAM function of this software. When I clicked it to run, it paused for a few seconds and then it restarts my phone. Is that how it is supposed to run or is something wrong with that portion of the program?

Also, in terms of the Auto Clean, how can I tell for certain it worked correctly after running it? When I launch SK Tools I see a bunch of files and boxes next to each one to check but I do not see an option to clean these files or anything. I do see an action to DELETE them. Is that what I should be doing? What about the folders and such the program seems to find that have problems? Should I just delete the folders and such as well?

Thanks!
    Tom
  4. I think there is a corrupted file on your phone to be honest.
  5. sherri

sherri Active Member

That's how mine works also. If you check your RAM before running SKTool Lite and then run the program, the Free RAM # should go up. Very occasionally, when I click the "Free Up Ram" application, it will show:### available before/### available after.

Usually, phone resets. If the phone is plugged in to wall charger, when I click Free up Ram, it turns off completely...
  6. mine always shows it and never resets. I am now using the standard version.
  7. sherri

sherri Active Member

I'm using the lite version, and as long as it does what it is supposed to, I'm happy! Definitely frees up RAM. (As if I even know what RAM is....I just know I need it, and to have more available is better!:wink:)
  8. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Mine never shots off or reboots.
  9. kogama

kogama Active Member

me either it works fine but im using an old version
  10. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

for some reason it says that ini file is invalid and deletes it.
  11. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

I uninstalled SK Tools Lite after I was having the automatic reboot problem. I then installed SK Tools regular and that seems to have done the trick. Everything works great now. So, for those like Sheri who are having the same problem I did you might want to remove that program and try SK Tools regular.
  12. sherri

sherri Active Member

ChicagoTom: Thanks for the heads up, but I probably wasn't clear. My phone works fine. It does not re-boot itself on its own, nor does it turn off on its own.

When I go to the icon in the start menu labeled "Free Up RAM" (which installed w/ SKTools Light), and use that icon, the phone will reboot (if it isn't plugged in), & when it comes back, I have definitely more RAM available.

Is the rebooting a problem for the phone? Please let me know, because if it can damage the phone, I will purchase the full version of SKTools. If not, the version I have works fine. (It does what it is supposed to do....)

PotQ
  13. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Sherri,
    Due to the fact that the phone reboots after this program runs makes me think something is not quite right. When I run the "FREE UP RAM" program, it does it right on my phone and when it completed tells me how much RAM I saved.

In the following link to Tony Bag'O Donuts applications page, I used the .CAB file sklite.cab and it is working fine. Uninstall your current program and try this one. I did and things work much smoother now.

http://mq.roeiboot.com/apps/

14. I never had these problems. It could be a bad install, etc.
    I just redid my entire phone so I haven't run into these problems.
  15. sherri

sherri Active Member

This is how/where I installed it from in the first place. I just removed it, and reinstalled it. Am running the "clean up" now....Did the same thing....When I did the Free Up Ram, phone "froze" for a few seconds, and then rebooted. Started with 19 MB RAM, now have 24 MB RAM...

I installed directly onto the phone, by going into the address bar and typing: http://mq.roeiboot.com.apps/sklite.CAB

I saved to the card. Am I doing this wrong? I thought you could install .cabs directly on phone...Do I have to install another way?
  16. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Nah--you installed it right. My phone does the same thing. It will reboot on "free up ram". Just a quirk and nothing to worry about if your phone is working fine regardless of this hiccup.
  17. sherri

sherri Active Member

Thanks, Geekster! The men made me feel like I was doing something wrong, or I was going crazy!!!
  18. Geekster

Geekster New Member

I can not try "trial ware" of anything! I don't care what it is, I always get your ''time is up" 5 seconds after I install any program. I just follow threads about software & have to decide from there....
    My phone is so quirky that I kind of feel sorry for the poor thing. But, bless it's little processor, it just keeps chugging along. LOL
  19. sherri

sherri Active Member

I don't think this is a trial version, but it is the "lite" version from rudeboy's app page. I have been using it a while without a problem, except for that quirk of re-booting after a RAM clean up.
  20. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Not a trial. Just don't get every feature.