Sirius Satellite Radio on Q

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Ematts, Jun 20, 2006.

1. marsoddy

marsoddy New Member

Yes, you DO need to have a Sirius account in order for this to work. It is SO worth it though.
  2. siegan

siegan New Member

Three quick questions.

1. Do i need to purchase Sirius hardware before i can set up my Q to play sirius radio? Not sign up for subscription, im fine with the $12.99 or whatever a month plus activation, but i dont want to have to go buy a car reciever or whatever just to listen to it on my Q.

2. How much bandwidth does it use? Dont want my limited "unlimited" plan to cap out.

3. Is this for satellite radio or internet radio? Im under the impression that satellite radio is cd quality as where internet radio would be more like 96b
  3. siegan

siegan New Member

Gonna try to answer a few of my own questions with the digging ive done so far;

It's not satellite radio that would require an external reciever not a cell phone signal.

Bandwidth at 64kbps would be
    around 4000kbpm now that's bits so 4000 / 8 would be 500kilobytes per minute right? so that would be 28 something megs an hour. So if i listen for 2 hours a day 30 days a month i'd be at 1.68gig per month of bandwidth just on radio. Yay for limited "unlimited" plan. ugh.
  4. atistang

atistang New Member

you can pay something like 2 bux extra a month to stream at 128k on the internet, not sure how that would work through the q though
  5. atistang

atistang New Member

sweet, comes through no problem, i listened for about 10 mins and it didn't cut out once
  6. siegan

siegan New Member

sweet something to consider then :D
  7. Supraman23

Supraman23 New Member

I just got my q9c and am looking to get my sirius on here. I d/l and installed wm5 and the tcmp player. when I connect to sirius wm5 I am fine but when I select a channel to listen to, I get a msg saying the supported audio format (windows media audio) is not supported. I got this same msg before I installed the tcpmp as well from windows media. can someone help me out to make this work? thanx in advance
  8. atodak

atodak New Member

i have a sirius account but it never prompted me to enter info. cannot get passed entering in the code either.
  9. atodak

atodak New Member

nevermind. geek site kicks arse
  10. Pets0undz

Pets0undz New Member

C-ApiSRO

Has anyone had any luck with C-ApiSRO? When I try to run it on my original Q (WM5), I get: NotSupportedException and then a call stack.

Incidentally, I started going down this path because I couldn't get SiriusWM5 to work (would say retrieving image, then connection failed).
  11. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

The dev recently discontinued the project. Probably due to pressure from Sirius. Not sure if this is why it's stopped working. Anyone else still using Sirius on their Q?
  12. ctsluder

ctsluder New Member

I'm still using it, I'm using it right now, so I can listen to Cosmo in the mornings and love it still.