Sirius Satellite Radio on Q

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Ematts, Jun 20, 2006.

1. ace21

ace21 New Member

anyone .........
    anyone..........
  2. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

ACE can you help me ????? I cannot seem to get it to work
  3. ace21

ace21 New Member

I actually can't get mine to work either.
    as soon as I get it working then sure I'll gladly help out.
  4. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

Anyone??? PLEASE
  5. mattgew

mattgew New Member

What you need to do is go to www.geekstoolbox.com and download the software to your computer. Then drag the icon into your Q active sync. then sync it and it should install it. After this you should see the sirius dog icon in the start menu. Open the program and go to settings under menu. Input your login and password. Then connect to a station and then it will prompt you to enter the code in the validation image.
    Hopefully this works for you. It is working for me and I have a FM transmitter in my car now so it plays through my radio.
  6. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

I finally got it to work. I was downloading the file into Power Archiver (that waht we have at my work) and not just to say My Documents on my PC. THANKS A LOT TO ALL THAT HELP AND FOR UNDERSTANDING ME BEING AN IDIOT!!
  7. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

that's a good point, for people new to windows mobile, CABs can be confusing, since just about every archive program will open it.. MS should have chosen a different extension!

Also, to make things easier on this thread, which is growing rapidly with questions.. to keep posts down, can everyone try and fill this out along with their question (if anyone else wants to add to this, feel free):

Have you downloaded the latest version of SiriusWM5 from http://www.geekstoolbox.com?

Wireless Carrier:

Type of Sirius subscription (free trial, internet only, have a radio, etc.):

Do you get to the word verification?

Does the internet work for other apps (IE, etc.)?

Can you play & hear music (MP3, wav, etc.) in media player?

When asking your question, try and be as detailed as possible. What exactly is happening. Please don't just say "it doesn't work." When you open the app, what happens? What do you do from there? What do you see? Is there an error? What exactly does the error say? Etc., etc.

This will all get you an answer faster and keep this thread as small, and the posts as to the point, as possible!

Enjoy!

--Jimmy
  8. marsoddy

marsoddy New Member

Hi All!
    I have Sprint and a Sirius subscription (LOVE my S50!!!). I have downloaded the most recent version from geekstoolbox on my Q and I do get the correct visual images for the streaming but I am not getting any audio. I can listen to audio on the media player, it is only the Sirius that I cannot hear. The other web functions work just fine.
    I am thinking I may have missed something in set up?
  9. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

Hey! I'm sure we can help you out..

Does it open media player when you select a station? It might open quickly then switch back to SiriusWM5, so you'll have to switch back to media player (you can do this using the side button on the Q or going back to your home screen, and opening media player through the start menu, which will bring the already opened instance into the foreground). Once you can see media player, see what it says.. it might have an error, or the volume may be turned down for some reason, check it out and let us know. Or let us know if you've already done this!

--Jimmy
  10. trent_duke

trent_duke New Member

Wondering if anyone can help. I seem to have in my "remove programs" setting two programs.

1. GeeksToolbox.com SiriusWM5

2. SiriusWM5 Sirius WM5

Are both suppose to be there? Or can I delete the #2?

Trent
  11. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

I don't know, but the easiest way to make sure there's nothing screwy going on would be to uninstall both and then install the latest version of siriuswm5 from geekstoolbox.com

--Jimmy
  12. marsoddy

marsoddy New Member

I got it!!! I had to do a master reset the other day for something unrelated to Sirius and so I thought I would start from scratch and it worked! YeeHaaaa!

Now, can someone tell me how fast this will drain my battery? I have not purchased an extended battery yet as I am planning out which one to buy and then which case to get to fit over it. Any suggestions?
  13. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

Awesome! Master resets fix all!

It does drain your battery, but it's not that bad. I've listened to it throughout the day and it has not killed my battery, but I do charge up every night.

As far as which battery, you should go with the Seidio 2100mAh, it's the same size as a motorola extended battery except it holds more juice, but is a slight bit heavier, but going from a slim battery any extended battery will be heavier. It even comes with its own extended battery cover which fits better than the one that comes with Motorola's. I'd go with the 2100 over the 3200 because the latter is bigger and heavier and I've heard it makes the Q feel unbalanced.

As far as cases, the choices are slim. I haven't found a good one yet. I used to use one of these: http://www.boxwave.com/products/flexiskin/flexiskin-motorola-q_869.htm But even though they claim it works with the holster, it doesn't really, it never clips in to the holster, so if you jolt around it can fall out.. plus it using it in my holster every day caused it to start ripping where the holster clips around the Q, and when I stopped using the case I noticed that it had bent my clip outward so now my Q doesn't even stay in it at all! The skin was made well I have to say, but don't expect to use it with your clip, or with anything else that the Q has to fit in to, since it also didn't work with the holster I have mounted in my car!

If you do find a case that fits the extended battery, please let me know since I'm still looking for one!!

--Jimmy
  14. njsges

njsges New Member

Problem with SiriuCE

I'm having a problem with SiriuCE. Everything is installed but once I start the program and click on a channel, TCPMP opens but tells me "could not open URL". Any suggestions?

NJ
  15. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

16. njsges

njsges New Member

Thank you

Thank you for the info. Is there a similar program for XM?

NJ
  17. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

18. mjkunz

mjkunz New Member

Can't get Sirius 2 to play on Q

I used to have the old Sirius playing fine. I noticed the new version. I downloaded the full version that include CF 2.0 and SQL. I can open Sirius fine and pick my station, but when I click to play I get an error in WMP that says the file is corrupted and cant' play. I loaded all of the software to main memory. Do I need to do something different or load these software packages individually? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  19. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

I don't know what package you downloaded, but to my knowledge there is no "full" version of the correct Sirius software as you described. Go here: http://forums.geekstoolbox.com/showthread.php?p=1848 you might have to register for the forums, it's free, do it. Download SiriusWM5.cab, put it on your Q, and run it from the file manager.

--Jimmy
  20. demottam

demottam New Member

All,

After going through this thread my question is, if I don't have a Sirius acct, can I still make this work? Hate to download and go through all this if it won't work because I don't have a user/pasword for Sirius. thanx!