Sirius Satellite Radio on Q

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Ematts, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Voity

Voity New Member

so it started to work today for about 5 mins, then a message pops saying i am not connected to the network, music stops and then another unknown error after that of 0x80070005?
  2. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

I get that error when I lose my connection, or get/make a phone call causing my data call to be paused, then try to play the stream again.. the only way I get it to start playing is by selecting the station in SiriusWM5 again.. so maybe you're losing your connection? Do you have bad EV reception? Maybe you're losing the feed when it drops down to 1x or something.. just a thought
  3. Voity

Voity New Member

that could be a distinct possibility. dumb question, but other than the EV or 1X icon, there is no way to check your data signal strength is there?
  4. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

Not that I know of.. I think the bars on the right represent the signal.. I haven't paid close attention to it, but when I'm in 1x, i think I usually have more bars.. not positive on that though.. maybe try forcing your phone into 1x for a little bit and see if that solves your problem.. there's a thread somewhere on these boards on how to do it
  5. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

Just wanted to let all you guys know that there's a new update to SiriusWM5 that looks like it might fix some problems that you Sprint users might have been having.. good luck! Let us know how it works!
  6. steelio

steelio New Member

This is one of the most usefull free programs for the Q!
    I am a sprint user and works great! This +bluetooth headset makes Me day great! :laugh2:
  7. trizae

trizae New Member

no incoming calls

I'm an XM user but I wanted to pose this question since you guys have some experience with this. I cannot receive any incoming calls when I'm listening to streaming music through media player. When I'm playing music from my SD card everything works fine, the call interrupts the music then restarts when the call is done.

Has anyone else had this same issue? Thanks.
  8. w4epi

w4epi New Member

Yep, this is a known aspect of how EVDO works on Verizon phones. Another way this issues comes out is that you can't receive email while talking on the phone. Watch the icons on the task bar; as soon as you hang up, the Q goes out and polls for mail.

Regards,
    Steve in Atlanta
  9. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

Yep, w4ep1 is correct -- data calls and voice calls can't happen simultaneously, however my streaming music is *usually* interrupted by incoming calls. Due to however the Sirius stream works, it can't be restarted, so it gets an error when it tries to play it again after the call is ended. I'd imagine that's not always the case with streaming music though, it's just some issue with the Sirius stream.

How do you stream XM? I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this, or maybe it's just one of those screwy Q problems that only happens to a handful of users and can be solved by a hard reset :tounge:

-Jimmy
  10. g-funkster

g-funkster New Member

trizae: Verizon Qs are supposed to interrupt but Sprint ones, by default, don't. Do you have a Sprint Q?
  11. mattgew

mattgew New Member

i downloaded the SiriusWM5 and get the screen on my Q, but I cant hear it and Howards station is not on. Can u help me figure this out?
  12. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

Can some paste the link again to the WM5 link for this, I have the old version, and I do not want to register here: http://www.geekstoolbox.c
  13. westonea

westonea New Member

I had no issues installing the software, but when I launched it it asked me for account information (user name and PW). Is there anything I'm missing or just smoking something?
  14. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

Ok so I have copied the files to my mobile device folder now what?
  15. kobutah

kobutah New Member

Only the music stations are available online. Most of the talk stations are not available. Go online to Sirius.com and look at the list of what is available for online streaming. The site is blocked for me here at work or I would link you to it.
  16. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

What's the problem that you're experiencing? And are you on Sprint or Verizon?

Do you have the latest version from www.GeeksToolbox.com? They work for me!

Even with a link you need to register, it's free and fast. Plus you can subscribe to the thread and get instant e-mail notifications when there's a software update. Why don't you want to register?

It's a .cab file, just copy it to the Q and run it through the file manager
  17. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

Ok so go to the linl and register, then which of the three Attached files do I click on?
  18. mattgew

mattgew New Member

the version from geekstoolbox works great. thanks..
  19. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

I still am not having any luck with it, I am not very good at this though
  20. ace21

ace21 New Member

Thank you very much for all the information.
    I finally downloaded the sirius program and it seems to work sometimes but most of the time it says "Error could not find resource assembly"

does anyone have a fix for this issue?

Thanks.......