Sirius Satellite Radio on Q

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Ematts, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

LOL yep sometimes that's what it takes :wacko:

Enjoy!

--Jimmy
  2. pieserock

pieserock New Member

lol yup thats what i looked like after I was done:wacko:
  3. w4epi

w4epi New Member

Yep, me too. When I install the SiriusCE CAB, it says it failed and isn't intended for this device. We must be missing a step somewhere...

Steve in Atlanta
  4. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

5. betulike2know

betulike2know New Member

Man I have SiriusWm5 v 1.7.12.26693 and I cant get it to work can anybody help me .... It just says connection failed

Thanx in Advance:embarassed:
  6. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

Did you configure your user/pass? When does it say connection failed? After you select a station? Do you see the word verification?
  7. betulike2know

betulike2know New Member

yes configured user/pass .... never saw word verification how do you get to it
  8. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

well when you try to play a station it should ask you.. what happens when you try to listen to a station?
  9. betulike2know

betulike2know New Member

it says REQUESTING STREAM then it says CONNECTION FAILED .... never shows me the WORD VERIFICATION
  10. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

hmmm that's very odd.. but the rest of your internet works, right? You can surf on IE and whatnot?
  11. Voity

Voity New Member

I get the same message/problem. IE works, but always get connection failed after entering the validation information.
  12. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

wait after entering what validation in IE?
  13. betulike2know

betulike2know New Member

yes i can surf the web with IE ..... last nite i tried siriusWM5 with my Q connect to my home PC via Activesync and i got word verification and then it worked perfect ... but it still wont work over sprints vision network ... so i think its a Sprint problem
  14. Voity

Voity New Member

i enter the validation info on sirius, after i enter the info, it tells me it is getting the channel image, then I get connection failed. not sure if I am in a sopt where the sirius satelitte signal is very weak or what?
  15. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

maybe, i thought other sprint users had streamed it.. but what youre describing sounds like their network blocks the sirius stream.. maybe you should ask some other sprint users if they can get it to work

well when you use this software you're not using the satellites, you're streaming it from the web, the same way as if you were to go to sirius.com and click LISTEN.
  16. Voity

Voity New Member

right on. so any ideas as to why I get a connection failed? I am using verizons network and the sirius version v 1.7.12.26693.
  17. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

hmm thats odd.. have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling siriusWM5? Double and triple check your account info, because it should get the word verification before validating your user/pass.. and i dont know what kind of error it gets for invalid login info.. can you access your account and stream sirius from their website (on your computer)?
  18. hanski9

hanski9 New Member

Any chance you have your USB connection hooked up to your work PC when you are having your error? I found out that the Q uses the PC network when it is connected. You may be hitting firewall rules from the net you are on. I know this because I tried to go to Yahoo Messenger on the Q while attached to the PC to charge at work. I got the blocked banner that I get from the PC on the Q.

Any chance anyone knows how to tell the Q use the phone data plan rather then the tether?
  19. Voity

Voity New Member

I guess i will have to uninstall/reinstall. everything works fine from their website, I can stream freely there. And i am not connected through a usb or using a work computer when trying to access. thanks for your help!
  20. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

yeah unfortunately i agree.. try uninstalling/reinstalling Sirius a few times.. if that doesn't work, then do a hard reset.. WM5 is screwy like that :angry: