Sirius Satellite Radio on Q

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Ematts, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

Just check out the site that I posted earlier in this thread. On that page you'll see a link to Sirius WM5, and it'll send you to a forum. You'll have to sign up, but it's free. Then you'll be able to download the cab. Enjoy!

--Jimmy
  2. trent_duke

trent_duke New Member

Got it.

Thanks alot.

Trent
  3. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

No problem! I'm not sure at what time you got it, but another update was released today! Sorry! You might want to go back and get the latest one, and subscribe to the thread so you get notified of future updates!

--Jim
  4. veepgeek

veepgeek New Member

Guys:
    Great posts. I got my Sirius WM5 downloaded just fine thanks to all your posts. Put in my username and password and I've got music. AND I'm not even on the high-speed network yet. Still on 1x, so I was shocked that it worked! Now anyone have a recommendation on some killer bluetooth headphones? Are there any available that let you listen to music and answer the phone if it rings and talk on a hands-free mic? No biggie if not. When I'm "working", I can use my old bluetooth set. Then I can switch to another for fun if I have to. Any feedback on what any of you have used successfully would be great!
  5. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

I have never tried a set, but I know they make ones that let you talk and listen.. WM player will automatically pause on incoming calls by default.. it'll then pipe the ringer through the headphones.. but just so you know, if you stop/pause a Sirius stream, you have to reload it through the Sirius app, you cant just unpause it, it'll get an error. So it's a bit of a hassle, but a small price to pay IMHO!

Also, you can play your music through a regular bluetooth headset, too.. it just typically doesn't sound all that great..

Oh, and Bluetooth + Streaming Sirius = battery KILLER

Glad you're enjoying it, though.. streaming Sirius is probably the coolest thing my phone has ever done!
  6. veepgeek

veepgeek New Member

You are definitely right about the battery killer! I just keep it plugged in while I'm at work and listening to Sirius. I also just got the Seidio extended life battery so I'm experimenting on how much of an improvement I get from it vs. my Motorola extended battery
  7. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

Which one? I just got the 2100, and it seems to be wayy better than my moto 1640. I listened to a good amount of Sirius, did alot of IMing, and even made a few phone calls.. and still came home with some battery left! And that's without breaking the battery in!
  8. veepgeek

veepgeek New Member

I got the 2100 also. I'm going to give it a good charge tonight and then tomorrow give it a good work out with Sirius and all the usual stuff that I do all day long (IM, email, checking weather, practicing Texas Hold 'Em, etc.) and see if I have anything left. I'll let you know what I find. Now that I seem to be getting all the quirks and bugs worked out, I LUUUUUUUUV the Q. I've even stopped taking my laptop with me now that I have DataViz Documents To Go. And QCaps really helped with the keyboard. I can type w/o having to use the Alt and Shift keys. My business partner just got a set of Logitech stereo headphones and I'm going to test those out too. I've been a gadget junkie since way back when the Palm Visor came out in 2000 or so and this is Q is what I've always dreamed of - a phone, PDA, real-time email, camera, MP3 player, basic word processor and spreadsheet, and web ALL IN ONE!!!! Unless some other weird thing starts happening with it, I really think the Q is the best device I've ever had. It was worth the 3 weeks of frustration and returning 2 other Q's to get to this point!!:2cool:
  9. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

I feel the same way! When I first got it, I thought it was really neat, but now that I'm getting used to it, and getting apps that really put its awesome capabilities to good use, I'm starting to really love it! It is one of those do-all gadgets! I was reading up on the iPhone, and besides the neat multi-touch display, I'm proud to say that our Qs can do everything the iPhone can :-D.. and more! Since Apple won't be allowing third-party developers to write software for it, looks like the Q comes out on top! I never thought I'd be happy to own an MS powered device :tounge:

What is QCaps, and where do you get it? Sounds like just what I need!

Today I've been using my Q heavily, lots of e-mail and IMing, and its been running on battery since 10AM, so far still have a full battery! (not just all 4 of the lines, but also according to the graph in Settings > Power Management, I've used up about a one-two pixel-wide line!)
  10. veepgeek

veepgeek New Member

Here is the link:
    http://www.mobihand.com/gsmarena/product.asp?id=8648
    That is where I bought it. It takes a little bit to get the delay set to exactly where you like it, but not a big deal. The way it works is that to get a "w", you just type it like normal. To get a "W" you hold the w key down for a fraction of a second longer. To get a "1" (which is the "w" key), you hold it down still longer. It pops up a mini little box with the options (w, W, 1) and it just scrolls through them. When you see the one you want, you just release the key. After a few days of using it, you kind of learn what a "W" feels like, vs. a "1". It's weird to explain, but pretty easy to use. I did have a minor glitch when I installed it. I had a PhotoContacts Pro installed and that was kind of holding the keyboard hostage. But I just uninstalled PhotoContacts, reinstalled QCaps, and then reinstalled PhotoContacts and all is well. The other thing, obviously, is to make sure your device is unlocked. Let me know if you don't know how to do that, but there are tons of links on this site to tell you how to do that, too. My Sirius has been a bit on the fritz today. It cuts out for a couple seconds and then comes back on. How has yours been today?
  11. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

Awesome thanks! I'm going to have to get that! I didn't listened to Sirius alot today, but I have noticed that happens when I have too many apps running.. or when I'm on the move it'll sometimes do it, I'm not sure why, but I have a hunch it has to do with switching between 1x to evdo, I'd imagine that the stream has got to be interrupted, even if just for a second or a fraction of a second, while it switches.. then of course it switches back to ev soon after, so maybe it has something to do with that. Check your open apps first though, or maybe you've installed something new recently.. because my music will get choppy if I'm doing too much at once!
  12. pieserock

pieserock New Member

HELP>>>>> I got it to work but no audio what do I do???
  13. pieserock

pieserock New Member

How did you get the sound to work help please
  14. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

Do you see it open in media player? Does it say it's playing, or does it freeze at some point while it's buffering? Is media player muted? What level is the volume? What profile are you in? (system sounds have to be turned on or up, i don't think it will work in meeting.. or silent)... let us know exactly whats happening
  15. pieserock

pieserock New Member

ok reset my phone and reloaded the WM5 got it to work once and it went to media player heard it now for the past hour cant get it to conncet... Thanks for the response this site is great... I have tried everything to get it to connect and still nothing...
  16. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

hmm so it wont connect at all? any errors? do you get the word verification? are you on a guest/trial account or do you pay for Sirius?
  17. pieserock

pieserock New Member

No errors. Nope not a guest I do get the word ver. then I get connection failed
  18. pieserock

pieserock New Member

DO U THINK I SHOULD DELETE IT AND REINSTALL IT?
  19. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

Hmm that's an odd problem.. although my WM player started acting funky a few weeks ago.. I had used a pretty terrible registry editor that wasn't editing it at all properly, and it really screwed up the OS.. have you done anything like that? A hard reset was the cure for me...

Do you get any other info with the error? A code or something we can work with?
  20. pieserock

pieserock New Member

at about midnight and 2 hard boots later it worked.... Thanks agian for all your help...If you need anything hit me up