Sirius Satellite Radio on Q

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Ematts, Jun 20, 2006.

1. metro0308

metro0308 New Member

I saved the file to me desktop. Then used AS to drag it into my documents. Then on my Q I ran it from My documents.
  2. vitone52

vitone52 New Member

No one throw knives at me, even though at this point i couldnt blame you. Heres where im at.

I deleted everything about this sirius tuner from my q and my desk top i go to http://home.ptd.net/~cobra04/code.html

I download the WinRar file and unzip it onto my desktop. Im lost as to what to do from here. To i just put these 4 files in my documents on the q? i tried that and it says you need an application to open it.

Pleaseeeeee someone throw me a lifeline here. I'm ready to take a plunge out the 48th floor
  3. metro0308

metro0308 New Member

Not sure waht you are missing step by step I did this:

1. Clicked on the download link and selected save and choose my desktop as the location.

2. while synced I draged the file to my Q and put it in my documents folder.

3. from there I went on the Q selected taht file and ran it.

As long as your Q is unlocked it should run and install.
  4. vitone52

vitone52 New Member

Thanks Metro. I dont know what it was but i tried again and it went through beautifully. This thing is a god sent. Thanks again
  5. Killer

Killer New Member

.CAB flie install

Chris

I tried to download the file directly to my Q and it said there was an error (the file is not intended for this device). Any sugestions?

Killer
  6. pisczum

pisczum New Member

would like to test new players

I had problems with the player. Got it to work after installing it several times?? Stopped again only cant get it back, have tried everything I found. would be happy to test any new player, if anyone can get in touch with the designer. I tried when I first started having problems . Thanks
  7. goss50

goss50 New Member

Problem...

Metro, great instructions... I am getting the following error msg once I attempt to log in:
    Apache Tomcat/4.0.5-HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server error...anyone heard of this?
  8. Mel85CJ

Mel85CJ New Member

wow!!! This is the bees knees!

Thanks for everyones postings!

-Mel
  9. diveman54

diveman54 New Member

I have a problem with siriusCE. I have intalled all the program to make it run and it connect fine. but when it goes to the tcpmp player it says that it can not open the url?? Can some one help me with this. also When I use media player that comes with the phone it say the file is damage and does not play on windows media player.. can someone help me??
  10. robbspratt

robbspratt New Member

Please help me to get Sirius to work on my Q

I am having this same problem... When using SiriuCE 2.0.1, if I try playing Sirius on Windows Media Player it says, "Cannot play this file. The file is either corrupt or the player does not support the format you are trying to play." and if I try using TCPMP v 0.72RC1 it says, "Could not open URL".

Has anyone had any luck with this and can give me some advise???

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE ! ! !
  11. koneill

koneill New Member

dido. having the exact same problem.

chris sent a link for the download, but there are different options to download from that link. at the bottom of the page is the file "SiriuCE-1.16-ARM.CAB", but if you click "HERE" for SiriuCE 2.0 it takes you to another page with four options: SiriuCE.2.0.1.full.exe , SiriuCE.2.0.1.exe , SiriuCE.CAB , and SiriuCEsp.CAB . I did the first of these four and am having this problem. should i delete those files and try the SiriuCE-1.16-ARM.CAB version???

any help would be appreciated!
  12. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

SiriuCE does NOT WORK! Sirius WM5, however, does. It works with both media players, and the installation is easy and smooth. I got it from here: http://www.geekstoolbox.com/, and had to sign up, but it was free. This is by far the coolest thing I've ever done with a phone. If you don't have a bluetooth headset and don't want to buy a pair, take a trip to RadioShack, and pick up an adapter they sell specifically to plug in a pair of stereo headphones in your headset port.

Sirius WM5 + Q + Data plan + adapter + headphones = everything those personal Sirius players do, less the extra subscription! Incase everyone doesn't know, if you already have a Sirius subscription (anywhere, car, boombox, etc.), then you can stream online for FREE! You can pay extra for better quality sound, or if you don't have Sirius, you can get an online-only subscription.

Enjoy!
  13. koneill

koneill New Member

Thanks!! Did what you said, and its working awesome. Off to radio shack as soon as i can to pick up the adapter.
  14. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

Cool! Enjoy! And don't forget to casually show it to your BlackBerry friends and ask them if theirs can do it, too :laugh:
  15. trent_duke

trent_duke New Member

Is your channel 24 working right? Mine plays something different than what should be playing.

Trent
  16. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

Yep, works for me! 90's Alternative, right? I checked it against the real online stream on my computer and it's definitely correct. Awesome station btw! If yours isn't working, make sure you have the newest version, you might consider reinstalling just to be safe. It seems like there's a lot of small programming changes being made to Sirius WM5 pretty often, so yours could be a little outdated.

--Jimmy
  17. trent_duke

trent_duke New Member

I installed the updated version back in the end of Dec. Was there another update?

Seems that all my other channels are fine. However, Sirius Disorder says Pearl Jam is playing X song or some other alternative band yet some slow old sappy shit from like the 60s is being heard.

Hmmmm

Trent
  18. Jimbro727

Jimbro727 New Member

I'm not sure when the latest version was released, but I know a few channels were moved around, so that could account for why just one of yours is off. It's at least worth a shot, or at least compare your version with the latest, which is v. 1.7.11.41948

Good luck!

--Jimmy
  19. trent_duke

trent_duke New Member

Well I do not think Sirius Disorder was moved. Will have to check my car.

My version is V.1.7.5.25911 so I guess it is older.

Is there a cab that one can just download directly to the Q skipping active sync?

Trent
  20. trent_duke

trent_duke New Member

Turns out a few channels did change. No wonder I missed Beck's concert Friday night on Sirius Disorder errrr.

So where is the update and can I download the cab directly to my Q?

Thanks guys.

Trent