Silverlight programming tutorials.

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Apps and Games' started by TheDFO, Nov 18, 2010.

1. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

Basically, I want to try and learn silverlight so I can make simple apps that I want for my phone that either don't exist, don't have the features I want, or are charging me for something I don't think is worth the cost.

So, any help would be nice. I guess I also need to know what I need to program, like with C you needed the compiler and what not.
  2. meridian

meridian Member

There are really good free resources out there now.
    I've been working through the Petzold book, and it's really good. Both resources start with how to download the free programming environment for WP7. The only thing you will have to pay for is a $99/annum developers' license from MS to be able to move the apps to your phone (or the Marketplace for that matter.)
  3. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

Thanks, but that's really terrible that you have to pay just to move it to your phone. I can understand putting it up on the marketplace, but even to your own phone?

Blah.

Maybe we want to make a shared license for the WM forum coders?
  4. termleech

termleech Member

5. meridian

meridian Member

True that. I like to look at it that they're giving me a programming environment and books for free, so my costs are ridiculously low over all.
  6. termleech

termleech Member

You could use the new jailbreak to put the apps on your phone without paying for a dev account. Look at the jailbreak section for the link from Chris.