Silver Q9h Always Warm

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by pepsiaddict, Sep 18, 2009.

1. pepsiaddict

pepsiaddict New Member

Silver Q9h Always Warm

My black Q9h's keyboard is starting to go bad (the end and P keys no longer work) ... so I picked up a used silver Q9h in excellent condition. I've only had it for a couple of hours but I immediately notice that the back side is always warm.

Its not doing anything at all ... just booted up and had it on the table next to me ... its got the known good battery in it now. The battery meter seems to be dropping noticeably faster than on my black Q as well.

I checked task manager for programs and processes ... there are no programs running and the processes doesnt show anything out of the ordinary either.

Any ideas where I can look for something causing this? I'm wondering if there is something wrong hardware-wise that would cause the heat and quick drop in battery life. Thanks.
  2. faithalone

faithalone Banned

do you have your other battery to try? that is where i would start... good luck!
  3. pepsiaddict

pepsiaddict New Member

Yeah I was gonna update this ...

I tried my fully charged extended battery and it chewed through the entire battery in two hours. The normal battery lasted even less. The phone got *very* hot (uncomfortable to hold) by the time the phone started complaining the battery was low.

It also wont charge batteries either. So I am thinking its broken hardware at fault here.
  4. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

I had a Q9c heat up when it was turned off. Sounds like a hardware problem.
  5. bragl123

bragl123 New Member

I wouldn't use it on a call with it plugged into the charger. I have heard of explosions with 3 party batteries. Even if this is an OEM battery, I would take it into the carrier you purchased it from and let them check it out. It isn't supposed to get that hot. Mine will get warm sometimes when the CPU maxes out while watching videios on UTube, but not uncomfortable. It may be covered under waranty or under insurance if you have it.
  6. pepsiaddict

pepsiaddict New Member

I bought it used from an eBay store ... I ended up sending it back over the weekend due to the issues with it. Thanks for everyone's input :)