Silicone Covering Buttons?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by mfpreach, Oct 7, 2006.

1. mfpreach

mfpreach New Member

Silicone Covering Buttons?

Is it better to buy the Silicone case that covers the buttons? Does it make the buttons a bit softer? Or does it make typing more difficult?

And is a silicone case the best option?
    Thanks.
  2. astralzebra

astralzebra New Member

I have a Mobi skin that has the keys covered. It's molded to fit perfectly, and I like that fact that it keeps dust/stray liquids off and away from the keys. I don't find typing to be any different than if it wasn't on, it definitely give the keys a softer touch.

Only recommendation I have is that most silicone covers leave the screen uncovered. So if you want screen coverage, it's probably not the best option. But it can easily be combined with a screen protector.

I like the silicone vs some of the other skins since it offers a softer feel, a bit more shock absorption, and a great grip.
  3. seidioseidio

seidioseidio New Member

All very good points. The nice thing about a silicone skin is that it allows you to pocket your device with little problem and still provide cosmetic protection. In conjunction with a holster or case and screen protector, it is an excellent addition to your Qs "wardrobe."

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  4. seidioseidio

seidioseidio New Member

Just a quick update - our skins for the Moto Q have been released and we came up with a compromise on button coverage. The main buttons are covered with cutouts and the jog wheel is protected on the top, but uncovered so as not to cause any movement that would silence rings. If you need more info, please email me at the address below. As a matter of fact, they should be available here either now or very shortly at the Q store.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com