Silence All Except Important Calls???

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by BIGD, Oct 18, 2007.

1. BIGD

BIGD New Member

Silence All Except Important Calls???

blackberry has feature where u can silence all calls except important ones so is there any way to do that on our Qs??
  2. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Photocontacts pro does this type of filtering, and if you search for "smartphone call filtering" you will see others..

Hope this helps,

Matt!
  3. BIGD

BIGD New Member

anything that we could do in Qs? or i HAVE to get that app ?
  4. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

You have to get an application. SPB Pocket Plus does it as well. You can also send a text message instantly to calls you miss.
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

do you mean Smartblock ? i have contacted them about this but still did not have the time to set it up.. i need this to silence all sounds except 2 or 3 phone numbers, has to do with the alarm at my job...
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i was talking about this one, i think it's a different one..
  7. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Rude,

The smartblocker that you linked to seems cool -- but it suffers from the "txtman" syndrome. All of the SMS auto responses come back L@I@K@E T@H@I@S@

**EDIT**

Try this for call blocking:

http://www.novomobile.com/smartfilter.php

Matt!
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

that one looks pretty good also... i might have to give it a whirl, this is one of those programs that the bossman is gonna pay for :}
  9. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

These all look good, but I have yet found a program that will SILENCE my phone from EVERYTHING, including emails and text, but still RING when a certain person calls...

If Anybody can figure this out, you will be my hero...

Thanks
  10. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Hey,

Magicall is the best at the filtering part -- and for $3 you can buy switchprofile over at www.connectivetools.com (HERE)and that will allow you to set a profile switch for the time period that you want ONLY those calls to ring through. Wou would simply create a profile on your Q where everything is silent except phone calls -- and then when those select calls are allowed through using magicall, they will ring fine -- other alerts, text messages, emails, etc, will still be muted because of the timed profile switch. This is by far the most powerful, and versatile combo!!!

Go for it! Try it. You can download trials of magicall and switchprofile -- so you can get an instant preview to see if this combo works...

Check back and let us know man!

Thanks,

Matt!
  11. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Matt,

That was a great idea, however, due to my schedule, there is no ONE time or SET time for me that I would be able to set for the profile switcher. My schedule includes all three shifts in one week AND on-call 24/7.

I wish it could be as simple as like it is now when switching profiles on the pone.... select something like IMPORTANT, and all calls, texts, email and system sounds are silent, BUT, Contacts marked as IMPORTANT ring through.... one can onnly drem...

Thanks for the response and suggestions thought, they are good ones and appreciated...

Jon