Sign of the Times . . .

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 1oddmanout, Jul 5, 2008.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

ya know i saw that (i didnt delete it) becuase it said construction on it
    i didnt get a change to look at it yet
    thanks for the heads up though:wink:

carry on
  2. kogama

kogama Active Member

i have my grandfathers slippers and those are old anyone want em??

starting bid: $50

3. n99hockey

i think you missed the point about the thread
  4. kogama

kogama Active Member

this may sound stupid but what is the point of this thread
  5. n99hockey

mmm...exactly
  6. kogama

kogama Active Member

so if this thread has no point i cant really miss the point.......so do you wanna place a bid hockey????
  7. n99hockey

read the first post of the thread

feel free to stop posting at anytime:laugh2:
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

[​IMG]
  9. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I got an original talking GI Joe..Top That.
  10. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

out of the thousands of threads out there you pick this one. Im sure we can find other threads that are less meaning full then this. someday you MAY understand. Jumping off a bridge makes no sense, why do people do it.
  11. 1oddmanout

1oddmanout Member

The reason I started this thread (and appropriately in the "off topic" forum, because it got off topic quickly :laugh2:), was an observation I made about how citizens don't have much discretionary money anymore. I wanted to hear how others are affected and how they are coping with it. Geekster's comment was most poignant.

Any more stories like these?

12. Geekster

Geekster New Member

I apologize 1oddmanout. I even played in your thread. And you have every right to keep it the context you intended.
    So, Back On Topic....
    My retired neighbors who never ask for anything, help or otherwise wanted to know if I was going to the store today (me home sick today). I told them when my husband got home we were planning on it & asked if we would get their groceries for them. They are trying to save money to pay their heating bill this winter. Sad, sad commentary....
  13. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

Yeah, I saw an elderly gentleman who lives a few buildings over digging through the garbage for cans and bottles so he can cash them in. Its really heartbreaking to see anyone go through hard times, but especially the elderly. They have given so much to the community and have so much wisdom.
  14. cheri

cheri Active Member

Maybe it would be interesting if people did post how they "cope" themselves.

One thing we have had to do is bottom line not drive into town as often or when we do go making sure there is at least two things we need to do there.
    Makes it difficult for Dr. appt's and what not, what do you say? Sorry cant come in gas is too expensive? I would seriously do that but honestly nobody wants to hear anyone elses whining. There are alot of folks much worse off.
  15. Mouseboots

Mouseboots New Member

Okay back on topic then ..... I just took a trip about 900 miles total traveled. I drove my gas hog of a V8 crew cab truck the kind everyone loves to hate. Well I made to trip on 1.75 tanks of gas ( or about 44 gals of gas ). Which cost me around 176 dollars (@4.00 gal). I did the speed limit or just over. I know that my truck gets the best gas mileage as long as I don't go over 2,000 rmps at highway speeds.Now to some this may be unimportant ,but it just goes to show that if more people took the time to find out ways that truly help them at the pump it would really make a difference in the long run. I saw people fly past me on the roads and thought to my-self they will be the same people that complain when they get to the pump and fill up. The trip took me a whole thirty minutes longer driving the speed limit so nothing would have been gained by driving faster.