Side Buttons

Discussion in 'HTC HD7 and HTC HD7S' started by Gonzalo, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Gonzalo

Gonzalo Member

Has anyone noticed if the power button and volume buttons rattle a little. It's like they lost their stiffness. Its not a concern to me, just wanted to ask other HD7 owners.
  2. SnailUK

SnailUK Member

mines exactly the same. A press on the button doesn't always register as a keypress.

i generally have no issues with the volume buttons, but my power button is useless.
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I've read that others exchanged there's for a new HD7.
  4. BitPusher2600

BitPusher2600 Member

That's funny that came up, I thought it was just me. The first day I got mine, the power button and camera button were like that. I took it right back to the T-Mobile store and they gave me another one. This one's buttons are fine, though I wish they were a hair taller. I was told that some of the first big batches of these produced had problems. Some had the button thing, some had an improperly seated video chip causing screen flashes, non working LED flashes etc. If you're still able, you might just ask em to swap a phone for you, might solve your problem if you get one from a later production batch. If you can shake your phone and hear any metallic clinging from the button itself, or have to push ridiculously hard to get it to work, better take it in.

Best of luck bloke. Take care.
  5. ajayden

ajayden Member

Well its on most of the HTC handsets including the Trophy. I just dismantled my phone to change the SD card and found that the volume rocker is just seated in a slot inside the housing. There is a slight play in the seating.