Shortage of memory help requested

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by bhall238, May 4, 2007.

1. BigOrange

BigOrange New Member

On Sprint there is a large file that shows the Motorola Video when you start up. For some reason there are TWO.

1) vzw_animation.bin
    2) moto_logo.bin

I only needed one, and I used the Vista hack someone posted anyway. hehe.
    I could not delete it, so I created a text file in notepad and named it vzw_animation.bin and overwrote it freeing up over 2meg.

There are also four big MPEG4 files that look useless in the Windows folder which I have not decided what to do with yet.
    1) future 762k
    2) intriguing 872k
    3) nova 861k

Next thing is getting rid of ringtones that suck. Go to Menu >>Sounds>>Right Click>Delete Sounds. Chop Away!

Mike Biddle
  2. gaines

gaines New Member

Chances are that most people don't know about SERO yet so you're probably right. The fact is that there's no reason I can think of for anyone to pay $45 for unlimited data when you can get a Sprint Employee Referral Offer (SERO) plan which includes unlimited power vision (data), text messages, unlimited nights/weekends starting at 7pm and 500 minutes for $30/month (or 1250 minutes for $50/month).

Check it out at SlickDeals.net
  3. BigOrange

BigOrange New Member

We have two SERO plans (the 49.99 ones with 1250 minutes)
  4. gaines

gaines New Member

Same here, although if I can get a SIP softphone that I can use with my Viatalk VoIP service then I'll probably downgrade to the 500 minute plans because we'll be able to place calls over our unlimited data connection as well.
  5. Staxeon

Staxeon New Member

Why cant I delete the nova, intriguing, or future mp4 files? It tells me access denied from both the Q and from the PC via the mobile devie access (XP Pro).
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

try to remove the read only tag on them
    highlight the file and hit menu...properties and uncheck read only...do this from the Q
  7. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I tried that and it still would not allow me access to delete. Those files a beatnik audio and I even tried deleting the beatnik.dll file first and I was denied permission. I went to properties and unchecked read only, only to have the Q check it back and not allow me to delete. I am not experienced enough to even considering hacking so I am stuck with these useless files clogging up my memory.
  8. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

A dll file is a Dynamic Link Library file, not an audio file. It won't let you delete it because you shouldn't :smile:
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

that is also what i usually have, even though yesterday it suddenly said free up some memory so i check in the PIE, i had +14 Mb of history stuff... oops i surf more then i realize :}
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

check the attributes... i had no problem deleting them but i used Resco Explorer.
  11. n99hockey

yea i get that every so often....especially since i use the graphic version of the EQ mobile site rather than just the text version
  12. Staxeon

Staxeon New Member

Ok, did that from the Q, left-clicked for Done, then tried to delete it from the Q and got "Permission Denied" again. When I went back into the properties the read-only box is checked again!

Am I gonna have to shoehorn this out? Or is there an easy and free app that everyone's using to manage files?
  13. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i use the graphic version also but when the image is in cache is it reloaded from the web site again ? shouldn't should it...
  14. n99hockey

no it shouldnt...but maybe PIE is different?
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

exactly, that is why i asked 'cuz if you use the graphic version of EQ, once the images are loaded once they shouldn't reload again, i think/hope :} but i was amazed by +14Mb history..
  16. n99hockey

that sure is a big ass history!
    i had 6megs once and was surprised...i think id pass out if i had that much tied up in PIE history and tempory files
  17. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

whahahhaha... i did not pass out, i was just stunned.. i only have a few sites i frequent on the Q and 1 has a ridiculous amount of flashy moving gifs and stuff... that is the main culprit i think, EQ doesn't have that many images.. i will just have to keep an eye on it.
  18. n99hockey

i try to clean it up everyother week or so...but if i have been traveling for business then i know i have to clean it up that night when i get home since i get wicked board in the airports!
  19. twigglius

twigglius New Member

What Carrier do you have? My unlimited data plan is $20 a month.
  20. xnight

xnight New Member

Verizon $44.99