sherri's Queen screen issue

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by sherri, Nov 9, 2008.

1. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

You can do it.
  2. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Using your File Manager from the start menu
    Go to Application Data/Home and create a folder named "Summer"
    Download HS & move the zip file to My Documents. Unzip the HS zipped file within My Documents. Move XML to Application Data/Home & the pictures/jpgs to Summer folder.
    Deep breath, go grab a coke, check your answering machine, yell at your husband for something/anything, now that your mind is clear....DO THIS honey!!! :laugh2:
  3. inscracefan24488805

inscracefan24488805 New Member

Hey

I hope that this helped sherri out with getting this onto her phone.

@Geekster: Love the last part of this message (Deep breath, go grab a Coke, etc.) The only part that I would change is that I would grab a Pepsi instead of a Coke. (Personal preference.)
  4. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Allright Gster, 1st the comment about my forgetfullness, then the comment about yelling at husbands for NO reason what-so-ever!! Just don't ever leave your house, EVER!!
    **hiding in bushes across street with slingshot** LOL
  5. sherri

sherri Active Member

Tried this multiple ways and multiple times. Now it won't even show up in the homescreen area...I'm sure it has to do with user error. I have no idea how to use the resco explorer. I see where you archive and extract. Able to move files. I am not doing something right. Thanks for the words of encouragement and support, but somewhere between getting it downloaded and getting it unzipped is my problem...
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

one more shot.
    download it
    when it is done, an unzip ap starts.
    extract it
    navagate to the my document folder
    you should see one folder
    open that folder till you see the xml file.
    copy the xml and any other folder and fiiles to the application data\home folder.
    from what was mentioned before, you will have to make the summer folder. place only the images in there, not the xml.

good luck.
  7. inscracefan24488805

@sherri: There's really no need to apologize for cluttering up this thread trying to get an answer for your problem. I just wish that I would have been available to try and help you out with it.

@Rudeboy: I'm with sherri on this one. Let's get this thread cleaned up a little bit. I didn't realize how cluttered it had become with this conversation until I was able to log on at home this evening.
  8. sherri

sherri Active Member

I don't get the unzip app. After I download, I get an icon that says "zip" or something on it. When I click that, it opens a "file viewer". This opens a bunch of jpeg files, and an xml file. (One side of this screen shows "file name" and other side shows "path")

If I click anything here, I get the error message that file is wrong or something....What app should open to unzip this???
  9. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

on mine "Zip to go" opens
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

uhm... I thought it was my idea to clean up :}

which I will do tomorrow.

potQ9c
  11. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

just installed it. all folders are already there.
    smartmonitor
    summer
    and the xml.
  12. sherri

sherri Active Member

I don't have the unzip to go app. I googled it, and it is part of Documents to Go. I have WM5...Is this available for my phone? I know it is standard on WM6...NE2 is up in December, so I don't know if I should pay for this app...
  13. inscracefan24488805

Go to www.dataviz.com and then download the Documents to Go program from that site. I've had this program for years. I even had this program when I had a Palm Tungsten PDA as my main mobile device. It's not free but you can download a trial to see if you like it. If you do, I think that it's around 30 dollars to buy it.
  14. Geekster

Geekster New Member

No, don't pay for the app if you are this close to NE2. But isn't Resco free?
    You still have files in "Home" when you tried it the first time? If they are still there then just create a folder called "Summer" in "Home" folder and move the files into the "Summer" folder except the XML.
    You will get it installed, don't worry. New PC is nice. :O)
    Oppsss, I just added more clutter.
    Delete away!!!
  15. sherri

sherri Active Member

I did it!

I tried this for the 2 and a half hour car ride home last night. I had the "summer" folder with the jpegs unzipped in it. I put the xml where you told me. Did not work. Wasn't a choice in the homescreen choices...

DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HECK I JUST DID, BUT IT IS WORKING NOW! Cindy, this is beautiful! I had a real night's sleep (no hotel room w/3 kids...) and when I came back to it an re-read it, it worked! Thank you all so much! ( I'm pm'ing rudeboy to see if he can clean up my mess...SORRY AGAIN, CINDY!)
  16. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

sweet you got it working..... and thread is cleaned, moved all the posts to a new thread.
  17. sherri

sherri Active Member

You're the best! Thank you! Thanks everyone for the help!
  18. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

spread the word :}
  19. Geekster

Geekster New Member

HAHAHA!!! But dang-a slingshot? Whatever happen to all the marshmallow shooters anyway?
    *never mind-my mind just took a nosedive down "trash lane*

I knew you could do it! I had faith in you. Now all we have to do is worry about docmac! *couldn't resist, again, docmac*

Thank you rb for just creating this new thread so everyone & their kin will know that we're all loony!

@ cindy: Pepsi is too sweet. I have/do drink it when there isn't anything else but coke has the "bite" I need I guess.
    Did you see? sherri got it installed and working!!!! :smile:
    It is a good HS. You did a very good job on it, but you usually do.
  20. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Allright, that's it! Prepare for war!!!:smile:

Attached Files: