settings panel blanked out

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by henrylcr, Sep 18, 2008.

1. kush

kush New Member

maybe he did a master reset and all the information in his world was lost and we now no longer have contact with him...

giving some one a grumpy correct answer and a happy correct answer achomplish the same thing

just in different manners

;)
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

okeydokie..

potQ9c
  3. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I must be great to live in a world where everone one is happy. Guess PO never had a bad day, always happy, never in a bad mood. Give me a break. Take two pills and go to bed, stop and smell the roses, how did people fix stuff before this site, is there realy a rule that states we are here to help, my dog is sick, should I shot it and get another one because I like new and fresh dogs or should we solve the problem. Toss be another beer.
  4. kush

kush New Member

[​IMG]

i fixed the order?
  5. softspirits

softspirits Guest

That totally happened to me today after I installed chome config but I did a soft reset and it was fine, well not really fine, it completely effed up my chome weather, so I had to reinstall, except I installed the mini weather, which isn't really mini at all... but i digress, i really didn't have too good of an experience with the CHome Configurator. Anyway, reset your phone, and when all else fails, do a master reset.
  6. softspirits

softspirits Guest

Whoa temper, temper... in case you didn't 'get' the name RUDE boy... you really should take THAT as a given. LOL Whoa, say what you feel, feel what you say, and keep it real... and take a pill buddy!
  7. softspirits

softspirits Guest

Personally, I would prefer a really cynical, mean, angry, grumpy even disturbing correct answer than a sweet as pie, gracious incorrect answer.
  8. kush

kush New Member

I didnt say i prefer the nice on either,
    to be honest i like it kinda..

[​IMG]
    KINKY
  9. kush

kush New Member

oh and i didnt know you said a nice wrong answer, i was comparing right answer to right answer
  10. Geekster

Geekster New Member

*Snip*
    is that the best you got ?
    rb

Kush, man you got this all wrong.
    It was a challenge.
    Can you come up with a different answer than a master reset? Think!
    And being a new-ish guy & not one of "old ones", late last winter, early spring we all decided that maybe we were giving that advice too much. Let's try to find a fix to problems before the MR. The MR should always be the last resort not the first. Yes, sometimes it's the only answer but give other ppl a chance to get an answer in there whether it works or not. Maybe someone had "that" problem before and would know how to fix it. Maybe learn something along the way?
    Don't take it wrong, it was not hostility or sarcasm (OK-maybe sarcasm but you are going to get that here)
    Try to stop and think why is he/they/whoever saying that? What am I missing?
    It's all good, kush.
    And you learned how to fix this problem without the MR, huh?
    You may use this answer some day, yes?
    OK, let's move on....
    Where's the OP with the problem?
  11. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

well said Geekster
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

QFT. (10char)
  13. henrylcr

henrylcr New Member

Wow.

Thank you to both Rudeboy and Geekster. I agree with Sherri, Rudeboy's answers are generally pretty great. Snide, sure, but helpful, and snide helpful people are my favorite kind of people.

I know I could do a master reset, but, contrary to Kush's opinion, time is somewhat of a factor, as is my own education, my sense of satisfaction at having actually solved a problem instead of crumpling it up, throwing it away and starting over. Plus, there's the potential for frustration at having to redo everything again after having done it all only a week ago.

So anyway, I tried changing the panel icons on the Settings panel to 2303;2304, but that didn't change anything. I've also done a soft reset on the phone twice since the problem started -- once before posting and once after. I'm guessing something I did in the registry, I think I was playing with the fonts, since CHome Config doesn't seem to affect it no matter how much I play in there, and besides, it appears that all the links in the Settings panel are working, I just can't see them. I even tried changing the right softkey text on the battery page and that shows up fine when I scroll to where the battery page should be, but all I can see is a blank rectangle on the screen with two little arrows in the upper right hand corner showing that I can scroll left and right.

Geekster -- you said "where's the OP?" What's that mean?
  14. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

OP = original poster = you:laugh2:
  15. henrylcr

henrylcr New Member

Oh, heh. Hi. I was asleep. :embarassed: :whistling
  16. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

that is exactly what happens when you change that icon. you get those arrows. you said you made it 2303;2304 right, with no space, that has to work. power cyle the phone. is the panel enabled now. a reset is not the answer. I would try setting it to a normal screen, reinstall CHome.
  17. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

waite a minute, one panel used 3 icons from what I remember. when I go in to chome. the setting panel, the top icon set says 2301;2301;2301, the bottom set says 2303;2304
  18. henrylcr

henrylcr New Member

I didn't think I had changed those values. Heh. Alright, well, I'll change them back to what they were an hour ago and scratch that idea, I'll try something else.

Whoever said I should reinstall CHome, did you mean the panels themselves or CHome Configurator? If you meant CHome itself, how do I do that?

Edit: nevermind. Somehow it came back. Ok, I misunderstood dafoxs. I did have to change the picture for the Profile page back to its original icons. That did it. Thank you all.
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

cool.... and we prevented the Master Reset :}
  20. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

and there you go....No master reset:()