Setting Storage card as default storage Location?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by Duke4062, May 7, 2008.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

2. dalpchief

dalpchief New Member

Use windows media player on your computer, with the memory card in the phone, and wheb you go to Sync, you will have the option on the left side of windows media player to Sync to card or to sync to phone. Note: you to have "media" listed as one of the things Sync in Active Sync. I have found this method takes too long. The better way is to just take te card out of the phone put it into the computer and drag and drop files to the card.
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Excellent! It worked. I have just one question. I can see that my email inbox is going into \storage card\mapi. But what are the files in \storage card\mapi\attachments?

Do my text messages' inbox get stored in this same location? (ok, 2 questions. :laugh2:)

Never mind. I figured it out.
  4. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Question though. Does anyone know how to STOP WMP from trying to sync the card ???? EVERY TIME I plug in my phone, WMP tries to sync up my storage card. I want it to ignore it, however I can't seem to find anywhere to disable that. Any suggestions ???? And no, I don't want to have to take my card out when its plugged in, just in case someone wanted to offer that solution.
  5. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

In active sync go to tools > options {un check media}
  6. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

How about in Vista using the WMDC?
  7. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Not sure bout WMDC. But if you open up WMP (in pc). Right click on the folder that is synced to your phone (mine is called storage card), there is an option to 'End Sync Partnership'. Try that and see what happens.

This method should work for both AS and WMDC. The only difference by doing it this way is that the folder remains in AS/WMDC. But it will not automatically sync. However, you do have the option of manually syncing your music through WMP on your pc.