SERO... A question of scruples.

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by dapperyout, Jan 24, 2008.

1. primer

primer New Member

talked with sprint ecare, and they said that they could cancel my current contract (2 phones family plan) and wave the cancellation fee. but to get the 2 phones on SERO i would have to get new numbers. Unsure im not sure i trust them to actually wave the fee and not get screwed on billing, plus my wife and i have had these numbers for years. sadly i dont think ill get to use this plan for savings
  2. Spivdog

Spivdog New Member

They can port your number, it just takes some knowledge to do it.

On my sero they also tossed in free 6pm nights and weekends, pick 3 and a recurring credit every month to cover Sprint TV Ultimate.
  3. dapperyout

dapperyout New Member

OK Steindog99, I'm almost ready to give it a shot, however, since I already have a 9c that i got for free... how do i go about getting sero without a new phone? or if i have to take a phone.. can i just get a free/cheap one and call cs to swith the account to my 9c?
  4. steindog99

steindog99 New Member

My chat with Sprint Customer Service

So last night I had a little talk with a sprint employee about SERO. DO NOT USE THE savings@sprintemi.com to sign up for SERO. Instead, use rebecca.cox@sprint.com.

The CS guy told me that the savings@sprintemi.com email address is just a generic email (obviously) and although it lets you into the site, it will not activate the discount plan. I asked him if Sprint did any checking with the employee to see if they gave out their email. He said they didn't, and since employees can give an unlimited amount of people this discount, one could use any email address that they find.

Once you sign up, you have that rate locked in for two years!

Anyways, if you already have a phone, I would just call the sprint SERO phone number and have them set up your new cell over the phone. All they will ask is the email adress. They don't ask how you know the employee or how you got the adress. In fact, they don't care at all!

Hope that helps...and if you are wondering who rebecca.cox@sprint.com is, she is just some random marketing director who's email adress I found online. I already used it to sign up my mom with this account.
  5. flygirl

flygirl New Member

I used savings@sprintemi.com to sign up for 2 accts and 2 phones (online on 1/15/08) and both times, it worked out perfectly. Since I forgot to use the URANG code on both times I ordered, I called the Sprint business office the next day after I ordered and they credited me $50 each on both lines.

Not sure why that CS guy would say that the email would not activate the plan but my phone came the next day, already activated and when I went to register online on sprint.com, my SERO plan said 500 minutes, Fair & Flex....

SPRINT ROCKS! SERO ROCKS!
  6. serialportme

serialportme New Member

Credit

I want SprintTV Ultimate. What did you say to get your monthly credit?
  7. blaidan

blaidan New Member

You're not committing any crime by signing up with Sprint under a SERO plan. Put your mind at ease then go sign up for a SERO plan and put your wallet at ease.

The reason that the email that some posters here are referencing to (savings @sprintemi.com) worked in the first place is because Sprint opened the SERO program up to the public and they created that generic email address to make the signup process easier for the general public. You can also use your email address that you say you have in the original post.
  8. jinro

jinro New Member

Actually the email was to add unlimited text to an existing SERO account. If you're on a regular Sprint plan, from what I hear it is very difficult to have the CS change you over to the SERO plan, though not impossible. It always depends on who you get. One word of advice, always deal directly with Retentions and not the regular customer service. How to get to retentions, dial *2 and say cancel service, this will route you directly to retentions. Say you were looking into canceling your service and they may ask you why. You can say you want to be put on the SERO plan and if there was anything they could do to accomadate you. Good Luck.
  9. dapperyout

dapperyout New Member

Thanks for all the interesting viewpoints guys, I'll try this tonight Jinro, if that fails, then I'll just sign up for a new line on Sero with the email see that it comes through then cancel mine. Worst case scenario is it does not work... however I'll be within the 30 days and I can just cancel that new account. But I'll deal with retentions first, then email second. I think something can pan out. I'll let you know what develops. Hopefully I dont end up with no service :wink:
  10. dapperyout

dapperyout New Member

Seek and ye shall find!

Thanks to you guys I am now hooked up. BUT WAIT!! I didnt get Sero, but I am still satisfied. Ok lemme break it down.

In order to get Sero I would have to cancel and pay $200 + loose my number, and I was willing to do it. However, The CS rep offered me unlimited internet for $5 per month extra instead of $15 additionally, I get 7% corp discount already.

I did the math, and for me it actually works out cheaper than ... but just in my case only, here is how;

Current over 2 year contract.
    ($39.99 + $5)-7% * 24 = $1004.17
    $39.99 is my current montly
    $5 is what i'll be paying for data
    7% is my corp discount
    24 is months under contract

Sero over 2 year contract (in my case)
    ($30 * 24) + $200 + $149 = $1069.00
    $30.00 is the Sero monthly for 500 minutes
    24 is months under contract
    $200 is the cancellation fee for my current plan
    $149 is the cost of the q9c I would have to buy (No I cant do the Sero without buying a phone, I already tried)

I know that I certainly am not paying as low as some of you guys are with your Sero + double digit discounts, however. I certainly have a plan that works for me, and at a price I am certainly willing to pay. Additionally I now have the confidence of knowing that its indeed possible to call Sprint up and hash it out with them, in my experience they are receptive, so I am very confident that in the future I can call up and ask for even more discounts. buwahahahaha. Special thanks to Jinro and Steindog99 You guys Rock! if it werent for you guys I would never had made the call.

:laugh2: EQ Forum ROCKS !! :laugh2:
  11. Angelo921

Angelo921 New Member

With the SERO plan and Pick 3, is it free to the 3 numbers that you choose when you make calls to those numbers or also when you receive calls from those numbers?

Can you change those numbers online or do you need to call Retentions or CS to get them changed?

thanks
    Angelo
  12. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

I believe it's all calls (incoming or outgoing) to those numbers. Also, you probably have to talk to the Sprint folks to get the numbers changed.

I would tell you for sure, but I've not yet been successful in getting Pick 3 added to my SERO account (technically, it's not supposed to be added on) - I've been a little lazy lately about calling up Sprint . . .
  13. snowplow54

snowplow54 New Member

i have a similar question. i got a business card from an employee at the sprint store, and was goig to use it for the sero plan. if i go back to that store for help in something, will they look up the plan and see who's email i got it from, and will there be any problems?
  14. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Probably not. Lots of times, ppl just look an email on the internet and use that to get SERO. If you really want the definitive answer, you should visit the SERO forum at slickdeals.net. Click on Forums, then Deal Talk, and the SERO thread will be there on the first couple of pages.
  15. snowplow54

snowplow54 New Member

well i have looked on there before for an answer, and looked again now, and couldn't find anything related. so maybe i should reword it to ask has anyone had any experiences with getting help at the sprint store? i always read how bad customer service is, so i was hoping that i could get help with my problems from the sprint store since i live close to it.
  16. madmax2k1

madmax2k1 New Member

The sprint store is just as bad as phone customer service; the best response I got is by emailing ecare.
  17. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

That seems to be the consensus these days . . .
  18. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

So....if I were to drop Verizon and went to Sprint thru their Sero plan, I would be able to access the web exactly the same? No hidden data restrictions? PIE, FizzWeather, etc...

Right now I pay Verizon $89.99 for 1400 minutes for a family share plan for two phones (me & my wife) + $44.99 for unlimited data on my Q. = 135.99 plus tax and ins. = $150/ mo

I can go to the Sprint Sero plan for $30 (500 min for me, mostly use email and text anyways) & $49 (1250 min for my wife, yep she's a talker..LOL) each phone, w/ unlimited data and unlimited text... and that will cost me $80 plus tax & ins = still under a $100??

Any things that I should know about before I decide I'd like to do this?

-restrictions
    -coverage area quality
    -dropped calls or dropped internet comnnections
  19. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Yes. No hidden data restrictions. If anything, Sprint's TOS with respect to data usage are more lax than Verizon's. I am saving so much money right now versus what I used to pay on Verizon!

\from my Q
  20. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Thanks for the feedback Bro. Appreciate it.

Hows the reception and data connections?