Sending txt msg to more than 10 recipients???

Discussion in 'Samsung Jack' started by fulnix, Nov 28, 2009.

1. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

Please explain to me why you want to send texts to people who won't tell you what carrier they are on. Sounds like SPAM to me.
  2. fulnix

fulnix New Member

Manbat,
    I tried it as a DWORD and it still doesn't work. Was the Q9m/c you tried it on running WM 6.5?
    Thanks again.

bberryhill0,
    I'm not trying to spam anyone but it would be very annoying to try to ask everyone what carrier they have then enter in all the addresses into outlook then make a mailing list when I already have their phone #'s. It annoys me that AT&T locked this feature out of the phone it's something that even my super old Nokia would do. I had always meant to have my BJII do it but never got around to it. Plus if I was really txt spamming wouldn't I just do it from my laptop?
  3. bberryhill0

Getting closer but you still haven't mentioned why you need to text so many people at once. If you explained what you are using this technique for, someone might know a way to do it.
  4. fulnix

fulnix New Member

Not sure why this matters but when I need a quick answer and I'm not in the office it's nice to txt my entire team at once.

Also I don't get to my home town much but every time I do some one whines that I forgot to let them know I was swinging into town. Seeing as how this happens very randomly and on the spur of the moment. Again nice to let all my friends know I'm around.

5. bberryhill0

Still wondering why your 'friends' aren't willing to send a text to your email address so you can mass text them when you show up on the spur of the moment.
  6. bberryhill0

Doh! You are selling drugs! Now I get it.
  7. manbat

manbat Active Member

WM6.1 don't have anything with WM6.5.....xda developer may have info.
  8. fulnix

fulnix New Member

bberryhill0,
    Thank you for ummmm....not helping...

manbat,
    Thank you for actually trying to help, now we know that process works for windows 6.1 :D

For all you Jack users who have upgraded to WM 6.5 and would like to mass txt bberryhill0 and all of his friends check this program out. bberryhill0 it's the end of the world bulk txting for all. BTW they also offer a version for installation on a laptop so if you really want to crank out the txt's you can. The GUI sucks perty bad on the Jack but it def works, and very fast. Enjoy burning up AT&T's network with me via SMS:

http://www.pddsms.com/pddsms/pocketpc-mobile-sms.html
  9. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

good find! is that puppy really $45 though?
  10. fulnix

fulnix New Member

Yea the full version is. The Trial is free but sends a nag text attached to the bottom of all outgoing txt's and only allows 50 characters.
  11. manbat

manbat Active Member

Changes App makes to registry...?

Have you thought about looking at the registry and seeing the changes that are made to the SMS limits while installed on your 6.5 device? Then duplicating them when the app in "un-installed" and seeing if it works.
  12. fulnix

fulnix New Member

That is a really good idea. Any idea where I might find those limits? I poked around in the registry but I'm not sure what to look for. This is really the only second time I've been in the reg editor other than unlocking the device.
    Thanks again for the help.
  13. manbat

manbat Active Member

See if it changes anything in the areas mentioned above maybe.....