Sending pictures with text messaging

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Carmen, Mar 31, 2007.

1. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

The most annoying part about this "solution" though is you have to know (a) the carrier your recipient is on (b) the e-mail extension of that carrier.
  2. cash459

cash459 New Member

very true...but fortunately for me, 90% of my fiends have sprint, like me, so i just need to know one extension......but if they are a friend that youres sending pics too, they can find that info for you :wink:
  3. mbnickel

mbnickel New Member

The issue, is that I use the phone for work. I often get text messages from my brokers, asking me to send them an attachment back to their phone. From what I can tell, I can only email to an email address, not to a telephone number. If I'm wrong, let me know. Thanks!
  4. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

You are correct, but just every carrier has an e-mail address for the phone number.
  5. cash459

cash459 New Member

yes each carrier does have a specific email address for their phone, but just like in sprint, it always (###)###-####@pm.sprint.com

you can get the address from the people you are sending too. if youre not trying to send pics directly to their phones, then this isnt necessary.
  6. Carmen

Carmen New Member

Yes, I was able to send pictures to my husband's sprint phone using his sprint mailbox as the address for the message. I haven't tried sending photos to other phones outside of the sprint network. I used the print PCS mail, which I had to have sprint tech support help me set up. Instead of a regular email address, I used the picture mail address (for sprint its: 10 digit phone number @pm.sprint.com). This delivers the message directly to the phone with the photo appearing like in a text message. The only hassle is that once you send the message, you have to send/receive or else it sits in your outbox. My husband receives the photo, but there's no caller id info on it, which is a little bit of a pain, but not unbearable. He has to type in my phone number to reply as a text message.
  7. jpnokc

jpnokc New Member

well, well, well, here's how it goes, for one thing the windows mobile devices do not have an option to send pics with text messaging, the other thing is that windows mobile 6 does have a hack for it so that it can send pics as a text message but that it only for ppc devices...if you want the other carriers that you can send pics to as a text message it goes like this:
    US Based Carriers:

Alltel = xxxxxxxxxx@message.alltel.com
    Amp'd Mobile = xxxxxxxxxx@vtext.com
    AT&T = xxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.net
    Boost Mobile = xxxxxxxxxx@myboostmobile.com
    Cingular (AT&T) = xxxxxxxxxx@mms.mycingular.com
    Einstein PCS = xxxxxxxxxx@einsteinmms.com
    Nextel = xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.nextel.com
    Sprint = xxxxxxxxxx@pm.sprintpcs.com
    T-Mobile = xxxxxxxxxx@tmomail.net
    US Cellular = xxxxxxxxxx@mms.uscc.net
    Verizon Wireless = xxxxxxxxxx@vzwpix.com
    Virgin Mobile = xxxxxxxxxx@vmobl.com

if this helps i have a score of ways you can send to friends or family overseas and to lil mom and pop numbers
  8. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i would double check 'Amp'd' address
    @vtext.com is verizon text messaging