Sending Pictures with Text messaging q9c sprint service

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by claypool1705, Jun 10, 2008.

1. claypool1705

claypool1705 New Member

Sending Pictures with Text messaging q9c sprint service

Is there any progams out there that can be down loaded to the motorola q9c to allow you to send pictures in a text message? I recently found out Sprint does not support the functions of Windows based operating system. Not a happy camper with Sprint.
  2. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

google sMMS works great or just search it here
  3. claypool1705

claypool1705 New Member

I'm rather new to this so forgive me but can you provide a link to where I can locate this software?
    Thanks

4. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

5. WindsorII

WindsorII New Member

Picture Mail to Metro Folks

Okay, I dont really need a special program to send Picture Mail. I pretty much figured it out. I can send to everyone I know, but Metro PCS folks. I just dont want any extra programs on my Q. I have tried 1234567890@metropcs.com and 123456790@mymetropcs.com. Neither of those work. Am I missing something? Does anyone know a better address for those folk?

For those who choose my route, what I do is put the number plus the @whatever carrier they have in the other E-mail slots in contacts (work email, or email2, email3, etc.). I go to the pic, click send. The Q goes to Yahoo. I enter the name, the Q gives me a choice. I go to whatever address I want and press enter. It works just fine without any extra programs. I'm cool with that method. I have looked at the lists of Phone Extentions for other carriers which work, all except MetroPCS.
  6. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

if you have sMMS you can just send it to the number not the email
  7. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

sprint is eventually going to release an app that will finally allow picture mail support (without using the sMMS app). Should hopefully be out by the end of summer. Odds are that it will work almost exactly like sMMS...
  8. WindsorII

WindsorII New Member

MetroPCS Picture Mail

Thanks Paco and Bobby for your reply. Maybe I didnt make it clear. For right now, right this moment, I am not interested in another program. I just need a working extention for the Metro Folks that I can use today. If anyone has one that I can use today that would be great. I can send pics to everyone but those folks. The ones I found dont seem to be working.

"Wow, why does he have a problem with using another program?" Well, if you kept getting "low memory" messages like I do, you would understand. I know, I know. "get more memory, guy". I am wondering is throwing more money into this phone always the answer? Can I just get a working extention?
  9. LittleDonnieJ

LittleDonnieJ New Member

Can you have them send a text to your email and see what it shows as an address? Any phone should be able to send to an email address.
  10. WindsorII

WindsorII New Member

Guess what, I just called Metro and they say it cant be done. It may have been one of those CS people who say anything just to get you off the phone. You know the type. Customer Service in this country is so bad these days. She said you cant send picture mail through their email, only text. Sounds flaky, but it is what it is. Thanks anyway. Oh yeah, when I get a text from a metro, I only get the number, no email stuff.
  11. LittleDonnieJ

LittleDonnieJ New Member

This is when they send it to your personal email address not to your phone email address?
  12. jae.keyz

jae.keyz New Member

more than likely they have it blocked. clean out ur temp folder, uninstall some programs u dont use, and install sMMS!
  13. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

prety much clearing your temp internetfileswill help go to ie menu tools options memory