Sending Phone Numbers Via TXT

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by aaronaaron, Apr 14, 2009.

1. aaronaaron

aaronaaron New Member

Sending Phone Numbers Via TXT

I recently was issued a Q9m from my new employer, the phone I was previously using was the LG Voyager and it had the functionality I am explaining below.

Today I received a txt from a friend asking if I could forward him a phone number that I had in my contacts. I looked it up and then was surprised not to see an option to send that number or field via txt msg. I wasn't even allowed to copy and paste the phone number into a txt. I used the "send vCard" but later he txt me back stating that he could not open it. He has a LG EnV with Verizon as his provider.

What I am getting at is... Is there any way to add in that functionality? like a 3rd party program or perhaps a regKey? Or maybe there is just a different way to do it that I am unaware of...
  2. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

can get freebie Vito copy and paste!
  3. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Are you still running WM 6.0? WM 6.1 has that function built in to send either a V-Card OR MMS. As far as your friend NOT receiving what you sent, that's hard to say. :) -Q
  4. aaronaaron

aaronaaron New Member

Yes, I am running Windows Mobile 6.1. and the message was received but he stated he was unable to open it. (the attached vCard)
  5. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Well, if he couldn't open it, then whatever you sent wasn't properly "received." Do you NOT have the MMS option? :) -Q
  6. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

Maybe the EnV can't open a vcard attachment.