Sending Mail with Bellsouth

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Holeman, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Holeman

Holeman New Member

Sending Mail with Bellsouth

I was wondering if anyone has been able to send mail using their bellsouth account. I can receive mail fine, but it gives me invalid recipient every time I try to send. Mail sends fine using my gmail account. I have tried the auto-setup and set it up manually. I have to authenticate to the outgoing mail server and to not. I just setting up my gmail account as the outgoing mail server, but then the reply to address is the gmail account instead of the bellsouth one? I am trying the smtp.vzwmail.net, but no luck yet.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

-Court
  2. JennaL

JennaL New Member

ahh yes, now i am having this problem! someone please help!!
  3. bpatt

bpatt New Member

Bellsouth restricts SMTP connections (outbound mail) to being on their network. So, basically, you can access Bellsouth's incoming mail server (pop3.postoffice.net) outside of Bellsouth's network, but cannot access Bellsouth's outgoing mail server (mail.bellsouth.net) from anywhere but.

What I've done successfully is use the incoming, and utilize another service I pay for as outgoing.
  4. scottjb

scottjb New Member

This should work for you--I use it all the time.

Have you signed up at www.vtext.com?
    Are you using your_number@vzwmail.net for the login and the password you set up on vtext for the outgoing server?
  5. osoler00

osoler00 New Member

How did you configure your out going server ?

Hello can you explain to me exactly how did you setup you pop email outgoing server in your Q phone?

Here how is how mine setup:

incoming server is mail.bellsouth.net
    outgoing server is mail.bellsouth.net

I also have the outgoing server requires authentication box checked

Do I need to go to Outgoing server settings below and click on
    *USE DIFFERENT USER NAME FOR OUTGOING SERVER*
    box and add a new username and password instead?

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

6. scottjb

scottjb New Member

Yes, you do. Here are some more detailed instructions from when VZW first introduced the service:
    Verizon Wireless now has an outgoing SMTP e-mail. To utilize this service, you will need to register on your PC for a free Vtext account. Please go to <http://www.vtext.com>. You will need to change your current Outgoing Mail Settings (SMTP settings) to the "smtp.vzwmail.net" address, along with the username and password you registered with at the Vtext.com website.
    To register for a Vtext account, please follow the steps we have outlined below.
    1. Navigate to "http://vtext.com/" and select "Join Up!"
    2. Enter your 10 digit mobile number.
    3. In approximately 30 seconds, you will receive a 10-character, alphanumeric password on your handset. Enter this under step #2 at the Vtext site.
    4. Enter and re-enter a personal password and click "Save."
    You are required to sign up for a Vtext account, to use the username and the password within your SMTP e-mail settings.
    username: (your ten-digit mobile number@vzwmail.net)
    password: (Vtext.com password that you designate)
    SMTP address: smtp.vzwmail.net

In *USE DIFFERENT USER NAME FOR OUTGOING SERVER* is where you enter the number@vzwmail.net and Vtext.com password.
  7. robinbender

robinbender New Member

bellsouth.net outgoing pop server

the out going popserver for bellsouth.net is cwmx.com i just call att/bellsouth and it worked. Requires authenication and check use same password

hope this helps it did for me