sending files via bluetooth

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by gav91183, Jul 21, 2007.

1. gav91183

gav91183 New Member

sending files via bluetooth

My buddy has a cingular (at&T) 8525 and can send me files via bluetooth but when I try sending him files it says that the device is not compatible or something like that and I cant send the files. I get this with a lot of the newer phones. However they can send files to each other. Is there something I need to do with the Q or can i not send files? (had problems sending to the 8525, slvr and blackjack)
  2. arkansascub

arkansascub New Member

I am starting to see that same issue as well.

When attempting to send via Bluetooth to some phones (ex. a Blackjack on AT&T), I receive the following error:
    Bluetooth send
    Device does not support a suitable service to perform this operation

That user can send to me with no problem, I just can not send to them. I am starting to wonder if it is an issue between Bluetooth 2.0 (Blackjack) and 1.2 (Q)?
  3. jordansbabygurl235

jordansbabygurl235 New Member

I am having the same problem with my phone..have u solved this problem yet or what because if you have i would like for u to tell me what to do so that i can solve the problem as well.

4. arkansascub

arkansascub New Member

No, I still have not resolved the problem. I haven't heard of anyone else either up to this point.
  5. MrMotoQ9

MrMotoQ9 New Member

Hi guys, has anyone sorted this out yet? As I have the same issue on my Moto Q9h, I can send items via my Axim X51v to my Q9, however I get the same message as you guys when trying to send from my Q9 to my Axim...

Cheers

Jace
  6. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

The Q just isn't a giver...
  7. Phrozt

Phrozt New Member

I'm having the same problem as well... and I used to be able to send with it. I still have files on my comp that I've sent w/this phone...
  8. lengfengfly

lengfengfly New Member

I had the same problem when sending file from TP2 to my notepad. Right click the Bluetooth Icon in the computer, and click "receive a file", then resend the file and succeeded!

Hope this is helpful for you.
    lengfengfly@sina.com.cn