Sell me on this phone....

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by engineerdude, Aug 19, 2009.

1. engineerdude

engineerdude New Member

Sell me on this phone....

Going for my VZ VIP upgrade next week. I'm debating between the HTC ozone and the samsung omnia. For some reason, I have this huge fear of any touch smartphone dropping, shattering and me having to pay retail. Can any HTC ozone (or snap) user tell me what makes this phone better (in your opinion) than the omnia.

I'm not looking for trashing another phone, just give me the positives and why you like your ozone over the omnia. :dft003:cool Thanks for all your advice. There is wisdom in the multitude of counselors.
  2. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

HTC Touch Pro 2
    coming to VZW on sept.3rd
    I would wait ...
  3. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

Just dumped the Samsung Saga for the Ozone.
    Could not be happier.

http://www.everythingwm.com/forum/samsung-saga/next-im-done-with-this-one-35542.html#post335012

Screen is gorgeous. Keyboard is the best I've had on a phone... ever.
    Battery life is excellent. It also comes with an adapter to plug in headphones. That was surprising. Everyone else wants you to buy that separately. (I assume because there is no headphone jack on the phone itself).
    Everything just works, too. With the Saga to get gps to work with Google Maps to work I had to: install a new FW, search around for SOME TIME to find directions on what else to change, went to settings - phone - comm ports -adjust this and set that. I am a techy guy so that stuff doesn't really bother me. But I DO prefer stuff to just WORK.
    Road trip this weekend. Buddy driving. Thought I'd kill some time and install Google Maps. I install. It comes up.... but it doesn't show San Fransisco like it usually does after a fresh install. I'm like "wtf"? Take a closer look. Zoom out... I discover.... it's keyed in on I-90 in NY state..... where we are driving.... AWESOME! I was stunned....
    It's also built very well. It's super light but feels incredibly solid. I have no doubt this thing could take a 2 story fall and still work just fine. I have no doubt this thing will easily and happily last 2 years with my clumsy ass.
    I am even using it as my MP3 player since mine just died. I took the 16GB card out of my MP3 player and put it in the phone.
    Missing many features, but it sounds good. I will go back to a full time MP3 player some day for in the interim this might work.

I love this phone....
  4. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

after we sell you on the phone I have some beach front property for sale in AZ. :)
  5. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Two different beasts. Ozone is front facing QWERTY and a good one at that.
  6. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

How about this? took it off the charger at 8am. listened to music for an hour and a half. almost 10 now and I am on thw wifi now. STILL 2 bars of battery.
  7. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

Stayed on the wifi for an hour last night. Plugged the phone in and went to bed. Or so I thought. Come down in the morning "Battery Low, Plug me in to avoid data loss..." Ah crap.
    Plugged it in. Took a shower. Left for work. 2 bars. In about 40 minutes.
    I LOVE THIS PHONE!
    :D
  8. engineerdude

engineerdude New Member

Thanks for all the input. Sounds like an excellent phone so I'll likely be upgrading (and for free after the mail in rebate).

As for that beach front property in AZ, sorry but I already own two homes and one I'm trying to dump. Perhaps another time... :dft010:big_smile