SEIDIO'S SUPER SLIM RUBBERIZED HARD CASE for MOTO Q!!

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by seidioseidio, Apr 20, 2007.

1. breitt

breitt New Member

Boy, am I glad I subscribed to this forum just now. I currently have another window open with a shopping cart full of $100.00 of Seidio products on their website that I was just about to purchase for my brand new Q. Before I hit the "Checkout" button, I thought I would do a little last-minute research. Looks like you guys saved me a lot of hassle and money. I'm sorry you had to go through that with them.

Does anyone know of any other similar products for the Q that are similar to the rubberized hardcase and/or holster they carry? Also, even though I'm exceedingly wary of doing any business with them, has anyone had experience with their holster for the "naked" skinless Q?
  2. BigOrange

BigOrange New Member

3. rkrafft

rkrafft New Member

BigOrange - i'm not sure what your point is. Promaxwireless appears to have been a wholesale business that extended into the online retail business. Nothing suspect about that.

I can tell you that I have used the Jet Black Skin and holster for about two months and absolutely love it! Would use anything else. Some may want more protection that a rubberized skin but for what the skin is it fits very well! holster is well made and sturdy - easy one-hand release but clipped very secure.
  4. BigOrange

BigOrange New Member

I would strongly suggest recording any phone calls if you talk to them on the phone if allowed in your state. See http://www.websiteworld.com/seidioonline.asx. They claim they record their calls.

This is honestly the worst experience I have had in several years on a purchase. I would not recommend this company. Had I not recorded the calls I would be up the creek without a paddle!

As far as the previous post, we're not talking about a Jet Black Skin, so it's really irrelevant if it works or not, this is a completely different product with apparent flaws and nobody interested in making it right!

They have HORRIBLE customer service, the phone call is outrageous, I ordered three screen covers and got one. She wants to argue despite the fact I have it recorded. I played it for her and she kept claiming she could not understand a word of it. Tell me if you can understand it!

If you use other forums, post the warning on there as well.

To make matters worse I got the two new covers, they do not fit, on EITHER phone, I am a techie guru and quite capable of installing it.
  5. dcd

dcd New Member

i received a callback today with directions to begin the return process for a refund. at least this far, my customer service experience seems somewhat redeeming.

i should note a couple of things, i have never seen any q's except the sprint q in person. the case design was just so slightly off that i had to apply too much pressure to close the case, and it broke. had it fit right, i think it would have been an awesome case. maybe for a different q it would be great. however, i was dissapointed that the 'rubberized' effect of the case actually provided less grip than the 'rubberized' design of the sprint gunmetal Q itself.
  6. dltv

dltv New Member

so sad

I have been wanting this case since the day i got my Sprint Moto Q and well i too was going to purchase tonight, however i went to my bookmarks and found this thread. I hate to waste 40 bucks on something that doesn't do as it should.

I really thought the case would be super great for how often i lay my phone down on hard surfaces and take it to the pool.

2 bad i probably wont get 1 unless the price was half...and at that point you get what you pay for.

Can you post those pics of the defects so we can see?
  7. BigOrange

BigOrange New Member

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I think there is a small margin of error due to the styling they want to maintain, and these simply do not physically fit on the phone. I have two phones, and four cases, and not one success.

If I can get a carburetor on a lawn mower, build a PC, fix my own car, and run my own business, I can put a snap on case on a phone, it's definitely not compatible with these latest Sprint Phones.

Also, the first two moto Q's I got from Iphonics were locking up, and I had them switched out at the Sprint store for new phones and the cases don't fit on those either.[/FONT]
  8. seidioseidio

seidioseidio New Member

Big Orange,

I can see that you're very upset and I'd like to help you with your issue. I'd also like to clear up the issues you're having with your rubberized case. Very similar to the case for the Sprint 700wx, the Sprint Motorola Q is actually just a hair larger than the Verizon version. I reviewed your order and while I can't tell you why one of the cases didn't fit, I can assure you the other one wouldn't. When you originally ordered your product you ordered one case in a combo (with the holster) and one without. The one you ordered without the holster was the Verizon version. Unforuntately when you called for your replacements two more Verizon cases were sent. I'm not sure where the confusion was, but I'd like to get taken care of. Please email me at forum@seidio.com or let me know what time I can call you.

Thanks,

Seidio Management
  9. seidioseidio

seidioseidio New Member

This was actually done as a courtesy. Product is typically shipped back to us before replacements are shipped out. Customer service was making an exception in your case.
  10. seidioseidio

seidioseidio New Member

Jeffree,

If you haven't already been taken care of, please email your order number to forum@seidio.com so I can help.

Thanks

Seidio Management
  11. mickiemagik

mickiemagik New Member

I appreciate you coming here trying to take care of problems, but are these new cases going to fix them? I have a Sprint and want an extended battery and case (which are still not on the site) and curious what the deal is
  12. seidioseidio

seidioseidio New Member

Case issues - looking for a review

We realize there are a few complaints here regarding this case, but let me give another side to the story. We've sold hundreds of these to customers who love them and haven't had any problems. Part of the confusion came when we had to redesign our case for the black Verizon and gray Sprint Qs. We've had zero issues with our silicon skin, but since this case is so precise our case for the silver Q had to be completely redone. The rubberized coating on the black and gray Qs actually makes the device larger. This is similar to the issue we had when the Treo 700wx was released. It is actually .8mm larger than the original Verizon 700w. I personally use the 700wx rubberized case and have had it on my device for months. If someone accidentally orders or receives the wrong case it will either not fit or will be extremely hard to snap in place. Even if you can get it on, a lot of pressure is applied to the clips causing them to easily break. The new extended battery cases are all based on the new design and will work with all three Qs. If you feel like you've received the wrong case, please call customer service at 832-204-1118 for a replacement.

If someone would like to do a comprehensive review of the new standard and extended rubberized cases please send an email to forum@seidio.com.

Thanks

Seidio Management
  13. seidioseidio

seidioseidio New Member

Both extended cases should be available by the end of next week.

Thanks
  14. hamsup1o

hamsup1o New Member

Just want to share my experience. My order also didn't go too smoothly but at the end it was all resolved. I too ordered the rubberized case for my Sprint Q the day Seidio started this thread. The first one I got didn't fit. Seidio may have sent me the wrong one. I got a replacement a week later and that too didn't fit. The replacement did fit a little better than the first as I was able to snap it together but the slightest touch will pop loose. I again called up Seidio and was sent to tech support. Apparently they just found out that Motorola used 2 different type of paint on the Sprint Q's. Some were 0.2mm thicker than the others. They told me to call back a week or so later to see if the new cases have come in. A week later, I called them up and another replacement was sent out. I received the case yesterday and this one finally fits! :)

Not sure why many are having trouble with Seidio but I didn't have any issues contacting them. They responded to my emails pretty quickly but I did called them most of the time to get a quicker response. They were very helpful everytime.

Anyways, hope you guys get your issues resolved. I would suggest calling them instead of email as you will get a quicker response.
  15. SubhumanDerelict

SubhumanDerelict New Member

I’m glad to hear Seidio is making a good effort to resolve the issue instead of just giving us customers the finger. It sounds like some of you with the Sprint Q are getting the case to fit well, so I may just go ahead with this. The only thing I’m curious about is for those of you who claim it “fits”, are you saying the problem with sporadic gaps forming between the two layers of the case has been fixed? I know a few of their cases have this glitch (my friend’s SLVR, for instance).

Also, has anyone tried to use this in conjunction with a screen protector? Maybe something from Best Skins Ever or The Shieldzone?
  16. hamsup1o

hamsup1o New Member

If you only have a screen protector, the case should fit fine as that is what I have on mine. If you have those BSE skins, I'm positive that it will not fit as the case fit very tight. There's no room for any extra layers. Hope that helps.
  17. seidioseidio

seidioseidio New Member

18. sylathnie

sylathnie New Member

Just placed my order

It looks like Seidio is making good on it's customer service so I went ahead and placed an order. I was not asked to choose which phone I have so I hope it fits! I will post a review once I receive and test it for a bit.
  19. seidioseidio

seidioseidio New Member

We are trying very hard to provide the best possible service. The current version we are offering should fit silver, black and Sprint grey. Let us know how you like it.

Seidio
  20. nags

nags New Member

Any update on the 3200 case?