SEIDIO'S SUPER SLIM RUBBERIZED HARD CASE for MOTO Q!!

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by seidioseidio, Apr 20, 2007.

1. smaulz

smaulz New Member

2. mickiemagik

mickiemagik New Member

Awesome! I will get the 3200 battery and case once it is available
  3. Knox

Knox New Member

I have this case and LOVE IT! Slim, tight fit with great protection. Also, it still provides enough slip to easily slide down into your pockets.
  4. nags

nags New Member

Awesome, I was wondering about that
  5. mickiemagik

mickiemagik New Member

Anything that would stop the 3200 case being delayed past Monday 5-28-07? I am needing the battery, but wanted to wait for the case to get them at the same time.
  6. SubhumanDerelict

SubhumanDerelict New Member

How does this case attach, exactly? From the looks of it, is it just two halves that snap together? No matter how hard some of us try to prevent it, this phone freezes up every now and then to the point where the battery must be removed. How will this case hold up against being taken apart/put back together again several times? That's really my only concern. Other than that, I'm pretty sold on this as it's exactly what I've been waiting for.
  7. jefffree

jefffree New Member

There are a series of tongues and groves around the sides of the cover which snap into place. The tongues are made of plastic and (IMHO) are very flimsy. When I received my case about two weeks ago, two of the tongues were missing; rendering the case useless as it would not snap together.

Keep in mind that if you use the case, you will not be able to put your Q in the charging cradle because of the misaligned socket.

I have sent two emails to the manufacturer about the defective case. They have yet to respond - which is very disappointing. $29.95 down the pooper!
  8. smaulz

smaulz New Member

That's okay, since it was supposed to have been released Monday, and we haven't heard a word about it since, I'm having second thoughts about jumping on this one. Maybe I'll stick with my silicon case for now.
  9. seidioseidio

seidioseidio New Member

Can you tell me your order # ? we have been trying to reply every mail we recieve and answer every phone. we must have missed your email. Please let me know your order #, so we can take care of it right away.

Seidio
  10. mickiemagik

mickiemagik New Member

Are these ever going to be really available?
  11. BigOrange

BigOrange New Member

I bought TWO of these for my two phones. NEITHER one works on either phone, both have different problems most likely from quality control. I purchased the correct one for a Sprint grey phone.

Although both items are identical, one was case was filled with just a foam material, the other looked more consumer friendly with a color cardboard insert. They are also inside that really cheap crisp clear cellophane.

Ironically the one was not even snapped together when I got it.

Before posting this, I sent a PM and got no response. I also sent an email early today and no reply as of yet.

Update I called today, they made me email them a pictures of the defective cases (go figure) and are sending out replacements. I asked them to test them before they shipped.
  12. toomanyhandles

toomanyhandles Member

I received the regular-sized slim case today (not for a fat add-on battery), I got the tabs to click where needed but across the bottom of the phone the fit isn't super perfect. It's secure though.

One other person posted that when his case would not close after several removals necessary to pop out the battery he was offered a replacement case.

I purchased under the assumption that I'd get similar great customer support when and if needed. Hint! :)
  13. dnaren

dnaren New Member

14. dcd

dcd New Member

i received this case as well as a seidio screen protector yesterday. both products are bullshit and im trying to get a refund. i would not reccomend anyone ever buy this case - its a joke!
  15. nags

nags New Member

I've got the Seidio screen protector and it was awesome. Just ordered another one for my new Q as well
  16. dcd

dcd New Member

want mine?

the screen protector came with these directions:

gently slide a credit card or something with similar rigidity over the surface of the protected screen as you apply it. press out any bubbles by using the credit card to move them to the edge.

well i used the credit card to apply it while peeling away the backing and it still had TONS of bubbles once it was on. using the credit card to push the bubbles to the edge is physically impossible. the back is adhesive and the bubbles are too small to be strong enough to move thru the adhesive thats already been applied to the screen using the card per the directions. my screen looks horrible - and now attracts any and all dust and dirt much much quicker than it did unprotected. my first attempt to remove and reapply the protector ruined one corner of it.

the hard rubberized case i think was just a little too thin. the snap on the sides would not go down and i tried to gently get it to go for several hours before i really applied some force - and broke the plastic surrounding the clip. the case is now bent and the phone will not sit flat in it.

$43 spent and so far, nothing to show for it. Seidio is closed, so I cannot speak for their customer service or return policy yet, but I definitely will be speaking with someone Monday.

edit: i guess the protector is not adhesive, i thought they sent me the wrong one because it wouldnt come off with tape like the static-attach one is supposed to. but it doesnt seem to have normal adhesive on it. one way or another, i couldnt get the bubbles out.
  17. smaulz

smaulz New Member

Wow, Seidio, ya really dropped the ball on this one. Weeks later, the case STILL isn't available. After these comments, I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter anyway.

It's a shame, I was pretty excited about this one.
  18. BigOrange

BigOrange New Member

I agree. I bought two, both were broke. They don't return emails, and I did get through on the phone they said to email a picture of the cases which was really dumb because you can't tell anything from the photo. I paid for priority shipping on Tuesday to get the replacements and still do not have them. Will be calling American Express next week if I don't get my replacement, but they probably don't care because they probably paid like .20 cents for the case in China.
  19. mickiemagik

mickiemagik New Member

I second that. I have been reading this post for weeks now awaiting the unveiling of the new cases. I was excited that Seido had a rep on board to answer questions and take care of business, but now I haven't seen any answers to the numerous problems I have been seeing and will now not be a new customer with this company.
  20. dcd

dcd New Member

well I cannot speak for their customer service yet. hopefully, they will make the situation right. I will update tomorrow when I call them.