Seeking a good case

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by trent_duke, Jan 5, 2007.

1. trent_duke

trent_duke New Member

Seeking a good case

Okay I dropped my freakin Q. The damn thing is so thin it slipped right out of my inside coat pocket while bending over to pick something. Got a few cratches that were very painful but luckily not the screen.

I would like a case without a clip(flat service on back) but it only seems that only the flip cases offer that.

Anyone using a flip case? How do you like it? Which one? I noticed a few in the Q Store here. I am looking at the one that is brown sueded on the inside and leather outside.

Trent
  2. Loaf

Loaf New Member

3. trent_duke

trent_duke New Member

Thanks but I am seeking a leather case.

Also wondering if a flip case causes a weaker signal since the phone is completely covered for the most part.

Trent

- sent from my Q
  4. just for me

just for me New Member

In my opinion the case that verizon sells for the the Q is the best, I had the open clip it came with and on my hip was scraped against everything i was near. the case verizon sells is leather (or some type of) it is closed with a magnet which means it's easy to open, and when my Jabra is hooked up to it the magnet can stick to any part of the other magnet for it to close without me having to worry if it will come out when im running and listening to my music website or the songs I download, it is a black case nothing flashy that also swivels if i dont want it up and down when I sit. it is easy to pull in and out of the case when i want to use it which is every three seconds. I have yet to see something better
  5. trent_duke

trent_duke New Member

I opted out of the Verizon one that was offered.

I just ordered the Sena leather case without the clip option. I am of the one who believes that a phone is NOT an accessory i.e. does not belong on the belt.

It was pricey at $39.99 but the only one that offers the option of NOT having the clip/swivel. Hence making it a clean look on the back side.

Hopefully I will like it, if not...

Trent
  6. SC-Texas

SC-Texas New Member

Do any of these cases allow the large battery to be used?

I have the verizon universal top loading belt case and the damned puttons keep getting pushed while I am talking on the phone.
  7. pat_smith1969

pat_smith1969 New Member

Here is one that I am getting.. It is completely customizeable with a choice of three different clips (or no clip at all), you can get it in any type of leather in a large variety of colors, embossing is available on it as well. Just click through the customize it link...

http://www.fortte.com/scr/showproduct.php/191?type=0

Im gettting one in a few paydays myself.
  8. shanes_17

shanes_17 New Member

Hey Trent, how do you like this case so far? It is a little pricey but so is having to put up with the headache and $50 deductable of replacing a phone if something happened. Eventually the thing is gonna fall on the ground, just a matter of when and how hard. I've been looking for a case like this, slim, leather housing (or rubber would do), clear screen protector with NO belt clip. How is the Sena working out? It looks like the only one out that really fits the bill. Plastic casings look to easy to break, so your really just wasting money. The metal ones look like they wouldnt absorb the shock well if it fell on the hard ground. Let me know, if the feedbacks good Im buying ASAP :laugh2:
  9. Animalbite

Animalbite New Member

hands down the best slim case is the speck case see thru one. i just got it, its 25 bucks for a 3 pack, (although clear is the only useable color in my opinion) but great. real slim, screen protector, access ot everything but the card slot, i can post pics if need be, but definatly a must have
  10. shanes_17

shanes_17 New Member

Is that casing pretty durable? It almost looks like one of those plastic casings that could easily break if it dropped. Does it protect the screen completely? How long have you had it for? Is there a cut out for the usb/charger connector? Thanks
  11. Animalbite

Animalbite New Member

had it for a few days, but also only had the q for about a week. although the plastic is thin, i decided to try to beat up the red case (who wants a red translucent case on a hot slate grey phone?) and it held up great. seems near scratch and break proof. and ya, has a cut out for all ports, minus the min-sd slot. and full screen protection. for a guy like me who wanted a slim device to pop in his pocket, this protects my inventment without ruining the appeal of the device
  12. tkkidd

tkkidd New Member

my local comp usa had couple of speck cases. if you have reatil stores like circuit city you can go see the cases.
  13. jdvinyl

jdvinyl New Member

Sena case

The Sena case does fit the extended battery, but before wedging your Q into it (extended battery or not), be prepared to give it at least a day to stretch the leather (I used a checkbook). After 24hrs, my black Q fit fine.

jd
  14. SC-Texas

SC-Texas New Member

I just received the SENA case and it works much better than the Verizon case.

I have had it for two days and while it does not fit the extended battery, I am much more pleased with it than the Verizon case.
  15. shanes_17

shanes_17 New Member

Thanks everyone for your input, it was a toss up between the black Sena leather case and the see thru case by Speck. Went with the 3 pack of see thru cases, instead of the traditional leather casing. The way I think of it, go with the cheaper option first and see what happens, hopefully I dont regret it :gasp:. If the Speck doesnt meet my standards then Ill go with the Sena. These 2 from what I've found clearly have the superior cases if your looking for something slim with NO CLIP. Itll be a few days before I have it in my possession but Ill repost after having it for a while and let you all know how its going.

thanks again!
  16. heleyj

heleyj New Member

Extended Battery

I am looking for a hard case that works with the exteded battery.
  17. jbean382

jbean382 New Member

Smartphone Experts...

This company sells a case through QDepot.com called the "BQ Bookcase" which I've found very useful. Disclaimer: I do not work for any of the pertinent companies, I just thought I'd share my experience with this particular item.

From the product page:

"There are cutouts in the case for the Camera, Speakerphone, Power, Mini SD Card, Scroll wheel, and headset jack. The case is crafted in fine black leather.
    This case is designed to be carried in a pocket, so no belt clip is included. "

Also of note, the case is a "flip-lid" style case with a magnetic latch attaching the lid to the rest of the case when closed. The reinforced lid has spots for a credit card (or a few business cards) & an extra miniSD card. I also noticed, (when I finally got the phone!), that you can fold the lid under the case and use the same magnetic latch to keep the lid open. The phone is fully usable and easy to talk on (with additional cutouts for the phone's speaker & mic) while in the case, though is admittedly slightly bulkier than (though more protected) than a naked Q when the lid is folded underneath. There are also a separate cutouts for the camera's flash as well as the charge/sync cable at the bottom.

My only real gripe with the case is that it does not come with a separate, internal protective screen cover of some kind. To be fair, in my experience, such an apparatus is typically of lower quality when built into the case, as opposed to flush-with-the-screen style screen protectors, which I will likely be purchasing. Also, I am unsure if this case works with the extended battery, as I do not own one to test the case with.

Here is the website:
    http://www.qdepot.com/content/accessories/4-22--847.htm

Cheers,