SD Icon disappears

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by Tony Bag o Donuts, Oct 31, 2007.

1. SD Icon disappears

Lately my sd icon will suddenly disappear from my home screen. Changing the home screen fixes it for a bit. I do have 3rd party xml files installed, but even when the default xml screen is used, I still get this.
    I am currently master resetting my phone.
    Anybody have ideas??
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

not sure what you mean?
    the programs you have installed on your SD card no longer show up in your MRU? they come up as 'blank' icons?
  3. The card works fine and the programs I run from it work fine as well. The icon that shows that a card is in the device randomly disappears from the home screen. Even with this icon gone I can still access apps, etc. Its strictly a graphical thing.
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

same question, where is this icon ?! what does it look like ?
  5. White sd icon between my bluetooth icon, the EV icon along the top of the phone on the home screen.

Attached Files:

6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

hmz, never seen that.. is that from a 3rd party application ? since the color is different then the other icons, or is it something new on the Q9.
  7. New on the q9m. Its there even with nothing installed (I did a master reset last night).
    I assumed that the original q had it as well. Its just annoying. The card is still accessible.

Thanks to STK for the great screen capture!!!:thumbup:
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

weird, especially since it's a different color then the other icons... i can see where the annoyance with this issue, the cheap & dirty way might be to turn it off completely if possible ?
  9. It just disappeared again ARGGHH!.
    I wonder if its the phone itself. Today is the last of my 30 days that I can return it for a spankin new one I think.
    I may go the day with the phone in its original state and see what happens by like lunch.
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

ain't that just the way it goes... if you go to exchange it, it will be fine. i can only say do what you think you should do, if everything works i don't know if i would exchange it.. then again, i might if i was in your situation :}
  11. I am getting a full weekends worth from the battery, no lockups other than one time with stk. I may let it be and get a refurb down the road when something really goes wrong with it.
    I wonder if me using a micro sd with adapter is confusing the device a bit.
  12. Qool Qustomer

Qool Qustomer New Member

I think there's a hierarchy of icons so that when the bar gets too crowded, some are not displayed. I have the SD card icon, but as soon as I pair my BT headset, it goes away and the headset icon is displayed.
  13. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

sounds odd yet plausible..
  14. I'm going to give it a shot.
  15. Paul G

Paul G New Member

vanished or replaced?

Does it really vanish? I found other icons replace it at times...as if the Q will only display a fixd number of icons...or will only display certain ones in certain spots.
    Just a thought...
  16. codester3388

codester3388 New Member

The SD icon on my Q9m vanishes as well. Everything still works fine its just it goes away. It bothered me for a little bit for after this being my 4th Q9m, I just let it go. If you take the card out and put it back in the icon should pop on again. And yes I tried a lot of homescreens and the icon is always white.
  17. OceanQ9m

OceanQ9m New Member

The only time I have seen this SD icon disappear is when I change my background to something white. That icon always stays white no matter what - you can see just what I mean in that previous screenshot posted. So you can't see it with the white background. I guess if it is doing it to you otherwise I haven't a clue. I'm getting my miniSDHC shortly so hopefully all will be well with that.

E
  18. I had bt turned off all day and not once did the icon disappear. I turn on bluetooth and shortly thereafter it disappeared. Strange.
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

so Qool Qustomer was correct, it makes room for other icons...
  20. yeppers, but it doesn't come back if one of the other icons goes away, like a message icon.
    I noticed it disappears after sprite backup performs its backup. Confirmed. Everytime Sprite backup runs, it disappears.

Weird.