SD Card & MP3's issue

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by beck, Sep 24, 2007.

1. beck

beck New Member

SD Card & MP3's issue

My new 2G SD card seems to be having some issues with some MP3's I am copying to it for my Q9M. I used a card reader to drag files from iTunes (on a Mac) and not all files copied over. I only used MP3's , not AAC protected files and cannot see what is different from some that copied and some that did not.

Interestingly, I then used ActiveSync (Missing Sync on Mac) to move one that would not move over during a copy to card. It successfully moved the song to the phones My Music folder. When I then tried to move that file to the SD card, it said the card was full (it is far from full). Other files will move to the card. Thoughts?
  2. coop5571

coop5571 New Member

Have you tried synchronizing using windows media player on your pc. I found this to be pretty easy it also syncs up album art, playlist and just about anything else you can think of.
  3. beck

beck New Member

Using a Mac, thanks anyway.
  4. coop5571

coop5571 New Member

I had the same issue when dragging & dropping files using active sync. do you have a media player that has a sync funtion? i'm pretty sure itunes does. it should convert the files to a mobile device format. & don't forget to update ur library.
  5. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Use a Card Reader

The best way to transfer non-protected music files (or any large files) to a memory card is to buy a card reader. ActiveSync is slow (and used to crash transferring lots of music files).

I don't know if Missing Sync has those problems, but I suspect a card reader will still be faster.

Steve