Scrolling seems a little slow

Discussion in 'HTC Surround' started by ninjaap, Dec 17, 2010.

1. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Side swipes within apps are fine. I'm talking about up and down scrolling of Tiles (homescreen) and App list. When I had the Focus, I could probably swipe up once with my thumb and it would almost take me to the bottom of the list. With the Surround, it takes an extra swipe to get to the bottom of the list. It feels heavier and slower. Like I said earlier, swiping with in apps are quick and smooth like it should be. Is this normal? I'm wondering if I should try a hard reset?
  2. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

You hear that?? Hear that sound? That's the Focus... calling you back.. ;)
    ninjaap likes this.
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

HAHAHA! I know you guys miss me, but I'm enjoying my phone. Just wanted to know if it's normal and if it is, then no problemo :)
  4. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Speed of the system UI has never been an issue for me. Launch time of apps, refreshing of data -- those are my main speed issues.
  5. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Do you have the Surround too, Chris? My issue is when I compared the Focus and Surround side by side, the Focus was clearly faster with regards to scrolling of homescreen and app list. It was a just quick test, I did during the brief time I had both phones, until I had to return the Focus back to Amazon.
  6. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

No, just speaking from my experience with the Focus. I checked out the Surround at AT&T, but haven't used it extensively.

I'm hoping they bake in some speed improvements with the next update.
  7. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Speed upgrades in a number of areas. Refreshing the people and photo hub is too slow and for a core functionality that's touted as an advantage over other mobile OS', the slowness is unacceptable.