Screen Rotation [Lol, I found it on accident]

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by cjflashman, Jun 12, 2008.

1. cjflashman

cjflashman New Member

Screen Rotation [Lol, I found it on accident]

Well, I was working around in- ok you got me, Playing CellDoom. The customized one. I rotated the screen and wondered how usefull it'd be. I usually rotate my desktop screen to 270 degrees for reading materials, so after I was peeking around in the motorola Q's [Silver original Q] Display settings in /HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/GDI I thought I would flip it to rotate it 270 degrees.

Rebooted.

Wow that was stupid. It screwed up the display. So then with a blocky and scrambled glitchy display [I cannot describe to you how screwed up the screen was, and no it was NOT "pixelated" more like "word wrap for pixels"]

So, for anyone who wants to hold the Q with the scrollwheel away from them/towards the sky, change the "rotation" value to 0.

NOT 270. The default value is 90. To scared to try 180 because I can tell I wont be able to change it back using upside-down buttons

I am working on re-mapping all of the buttons right now. Apart from a chopped off homescreen, everytrhing works great in either portait or landscape :)

[Update: HAHAHAHA!! Don't set it to 1 degree by accident like I did]