Screen Color Faded Overnight

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by Vincent Chao, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Vincent Chao

Vincent Chao New Member

Has anyone else had the problem with the screen fading? I got the phone yesterday (already a replacement for a previous defective screen). Color was perfectly fine all day yesterday. Plugged the phone in to charge overnight and woke up with the screen faded. All the colors now have a whitish tint. Using the color diagnostics app, RGB all seem fine. Anyone know what the problem is here?
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

This is the first I've heard of this problem. I'm just guessing, because I don't have a Focus anymore, but could the brightness be up too high?
  3. Vincent Chao

Vincent Chao New Member

That was the first thing I thought of too, but I tested it on each of the brightness settings and the colors all still looked washed out.
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I read about a recent update to samsung's diagnostic app was pushed. Is there a way to reset everything to default within that menu?

Source
  5. Vincent Chao

Vincent Chao New Member

That's a good idea. I'll take a look at that. If not, I'm going to try a hard reset later tonight. Hopefully that'll do the trick. If not, looks like it might be another defective device...
  6. Vincent Chao

Vincent Chao New Member

Tried resetting to factory default. And also did a hard reset. Problem persists. Looks like it might be faulty hardware again?
  7. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

If a hard reset does not fix it, you gotta assume hardware. That's what AT&T tech support will tell you. They always make me do a hard reset right before they tell me they'll send me another device.
  8. Vincent Chao

Vincent Chao New Member

Thanks. Is it just terrible luck that I've run into two faulty devices? Or do these issues seem to be coming up fairly often with the Focus?
  9. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Maybe you got a bad batch? This is, honestly, the first I've heard of such a problem.
  10. Vincent Chao

Vincent Chao New Member

Okay. Thank's so much for your feedback.
  11. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

You're welcome. Best of luck.