Screen blacks out when calling out

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by ninjaap, Dec 7, 2010.

1. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

So my screen blacks out when I make an outgoing call, disabling all hard/soft keys and touchscreen until the other party hangs up. So I have no access to menus and number pad. I can't even hang up the call. I have to wait for them to hang up. No, it's not against my face. It's sitting face up on my palm. I tried hitting all the hard keys on the side and the soft keys on the bottom. No go. Not even haptic feedback. Any ideas?
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Welps. A quick hard reset fixed that.
  3. bnk999

bnk999 New Member

Ahh the universal fix... Power cycle.
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Not turn phone on/off. I did that a dozen times. But hard reset to factory. Unless that's what you mean by power cycle.
  5. bnk999

bnk999 New Member

Oh man that sux. Did you lose everything? I haven't even tried to backup my phone..
  6. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Nah. It was pretty easy. I just re-entered my Live, Google, and Facebook account credentials, and since I have my contacts stored in Live and Google servers they synced instantly along with my emails. Then I hooked up my phone to PC and re-establised link between Zune software and phone. All my photos and songs immediately started syncing. This took a little while longer of course, but still less than ten minutes overall to get back to "normal".