Scratches on my Q...."Displex" any good?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by StraightShooter, Apr 28, 2007.

1. StraightShooter

StraightShooter New Member

Scratches on my Q...."Displex" any good?

Well, the inevitable happened...

I have fine scratches on the screen of my One month old Q... Need I add I used the Speck Toughcase WITH the Screen protector, and I mostly kept the Q in my shirt pocket 'cause as we all know, Speck's belt clip holster is basically useless unless you DON'T want to be able to answer the phone quickly.. Oh well, moving on...

I just ordered a Sena Case Magnet Flipper with Clip, and I will try that plus the "Fellows" Screen Protectors.. Is there a way to minimize or remove the scratches? I may be buying a product I heard of called "Displex" on Monday from a local supplier, he tells me, if used according to the instructions, it may do the trick... Here is a link..

http://www.displex.de/polish/english/index.htm

Anyone ever use it? Any ideas anyone.. My scratches are thankfully, not deep!

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
    Thanks
    Jim
  2. gazment

gazment New Member

I used it last week... It ruined the lens of the phone. It already had a couple of scratches, so I am now just replacing my Q 9c's lens. The lense costs just as much as the displex so why even bother with the cream? lol

This thread gave some good advice so I opted to replace the lens since its easier and less of a hassle

EDIT: I just realized the date of this original post and hate to bring up an old topic, but i'm not going to delete it just in case anyone else is wondering about purchasing displex.
  3. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Yea that's some good info for people to get! And $9 for the lens with keypad.....pretty cheap!
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

wow... i have a +14 month old Q... never used a screen protector, yet not a scratch on the display.

potQ.
  5. gazment

gazment New Member

Trust me I nearly got a tear in my eye when I noticed 3 tiny scratches on the lens. My previous phone never had a scratch on it for the time I had it, and 3 days after I get the q9c I noticed the dreaded hairliners. I must have just acquired them by accidentally placing the phone in the same pocket as my keys. Its the only thing I can think of since I've never dropped it.

I figured maybe the phone had a lens that wasn't durable, but after reading your post (rudeboy) you give me hope as to the quality of the screen. In any case I have screen protectors coming in for peace of mind.
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

even with the screen black (off) i don't see scratches.. and i usually clean it with my t-shirt :}
  7. zenkinz

zenkinz New Member

unless you are wearing denim t-shirt, otherwise most cotton-based t-shirt is the best cleaner :laugh2: